• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

president eisenhower meets with aliens at holloman AFB

i normally stay clear of the UFO discussions for a number of reasons, mostly because they're usually way too fruitcake. i just happened to notice this just now retrieving the DDE farewell address and have it playing now and thought i'd put it past you folks.

it's a little long and i'm just listening to it play in the background.

there's one story i've heard that says the air force actually shot down the roswell craft, cannibalized it and that formed the basis for the digital revolution. now here's this video claiming that ike actually met with the aliens.

what are y'all's thoughts on this?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
there's one story i've heard that says the air force actually shot down the roswell craft,
I have a hard time believing that a WW2 era plane that we would have been flying in 1947 could shoot down anything from a civilization hundreds, if not thousands or millions of years more advanced.

This is basically what they would have been flying...

Also, had they known a UFO was shot down they would have sent a recovery crew and not waited for a rancher to call it in, and then send someone who actually called it a UFO to the media.

like i said, i've pretty much avoided it and don't know any details, though i'm pretty sure they had fighter jets by then. i was just curious to see what you all though about it. i'm reasonably sure that we're not anywhere near alone but i think they're deliberately avoiding contact and will do it when they want to, so i don't get all weird about it.

neevo

Limey Hippo
I have a hard time believing that a WW2 era plane that we would have been flying in 1947 could shoot down anything from a civilization hundreds, if not thousands or millions of years more advanced.

This is basically what they would have been flying...

Also, had they known a UFO was shot down they would have sent a recovery crew and not waited for a rancher to call it in, and then send someone who actually called it a UFO to the media.
Though I also find it highly unlikely they did have much faster planes than that at the end of the war. They even had rockets (V2) so nothing is impossible

Maybe there's also a thing called alien error where one of them hist down instead of up :shrug:

Though I also find it highly unlikely they did have much faster planes than that at the end of the war. They even had rockets (V2) so nothing is impossible

Maybe there's also a thing called alien error where one of them hist down instead of up :shrug:
that could well be.

according to this, the air force had f-80 fighter jets in inventory by the time of the roswell incident.

Link

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
While the difference between them is obviously far less than the difference between a fighter aircraft and a space vehicle, there is at least one documented case of one of these

shooting down one of these

in Viet Nam. It was not a fair fight of course; the A1 caught the MIG 21 by surprise. Still, it happened.

That being said, I have a hunch that we don't run into space aliens all the time because of one thing: >Speed of light travel may not be possible. Notice I said "may" not be possible; I'm not saying it is for sure impossible. But with all the planets out there, and the probability that there are many technological aliens, you would think that we would have really solid evidence if interstellar travel was common. Unless space is just too big, and we are in for a real big surprise someday when they do get around to us...

:beerchug:

While the difference between them is obviously far less than the difference between a fighter aircraft and a space vehicle, there is at least one documented case of one of these

shooting down one of these

in Viet Nam. It was not a fair fight of course; the A1 caught the MIG 21 by surprise. Still, it happened.

That being said, I have a hunch that we don't run into space aliens all the time because of one thing: >Speed of light travel may not be possible. Notice I said "may" not be possible; I'm not saying it is for sure impossible. But with all the planets out there, and the probability that there are many technological aliens, you would think that we would have really solid evidence if interstellar travel was common. Unless space is just too big, and we are in for a real big surprise someday when they do get around to us...

:beerchug:
have you ever read any of the terraforming novels by guys like niven and silverberg and thought about them against the mythos of the world?

in the judeo-christian canon, there are a number of spots, notably enoch, elijah and jesus's ascensions, the ark, the thing described in ezekiel and all shot through the fragments of every body else's mythology, that scream interstellar travel by planet builders at me.

if hyperlight travel is possible for these advanced races, which are not necessarily hominid, the time it takes to get between here, home and back in ship's time versus planetary time, equates to thousands, possibly even millions of years for distant home planets, by the lorentz time contraction calculation.

arthur clarke hit on that in childhood's end by having our guardian race turn out to be red-skinned and horned with a tail..

the most plausible explanation that presents itself to me is that the immortal pantheons of the norse, greek, hindu and whatever else i may be unfamiliar with, actually had some basis in reality and the stories have become distorted through time.

something went down that compelled the galactic management to shut off access to the planet because of violations of approved planet building and population control procedures, leaving us to our own devices to sort it out.

by everything i've been able to glean, we aren't going to see them for sure until we either demonstrate that we're worthy of re-admission to the galactic confederation or are on the brink of wrecking the planet's surface again.

Basically... He is the host of Ancient Aliens on the H2 channel. You need to watch it, it may be the best series on TV right now.
i'll check it out if i can find it on you boob or somewhere. no tv. not going to get one. kill yours before it kills you.

i read a lot of the ancient fragments, erich von daniken, brad steiger, joseph campbell and some others when i was y'all's age.

what's your take on all this?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
what's your take on all this?
I think occasionally they hit on something with some merit, but I feel the government is behind the show. They find the weirdest people alive to put on TV to advance a hundred crack-pot theories that only serves to further discredit the entire field.

They would never give a show to a credible guy who only examines the most serious / believable stuff.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
I think the simpler answer is probably the correct one. We probably evolved right here from scratch, and not as a science project. Hyperdrive is probably not possible, therefore severely limiting any prospects of interstellar travel except as a multigenerational, robotic, or suspended animation thing.

JMHO

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I think the simpler answer is probably the correct one. We probably evolved right here from scratch, and not as a science project. Hyperdrive is probably not possible, therefore severely limiting any prospects of interstellar travel except as a multigenerational, robotic, or suspended animation thing.

JMHO
It's far simpler for us to have been seeded here by superior beings than for evolution on a macro-scale to occur.