• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

president eisenhower meets with aliens at holloman AFB

I think occasionally they hit on something with some merit, but I feel the government is behind the show. They find the weirdest people alive to put on TV to advance a hundred crack-pot theories that only serves to further discredit the entire field.

They would never give a show to a credible guy who only examines the most serious / believable stuff.
that's probably accurate. are there any out there you consider credible researchers or responsible reporters?

I think the simpler answer is probably the correct one. We probably evolved right here from scratch, and not as a science project. Hyperdrive is probably not possible, therefore severely limiting any prospects of interstellar travel except as a multigenerational, robotic, or suspended animation thing.

JMHO
it's certainly a more comfortable position to take than to try and stand behind any assertions about space/time travelling terraformers.

i have my own inner vision that doesn't conform with any of it completely. i'm also content to just let life happen and not get too much hope or expectation built up over what's going to happen next or what will happen if i die.

I have a hard time believing that a WW2 era plane that we would have been flying in 1947 could shoot down anything from a civilization hundreds, if not thousands or millions of years more advanced.

This is basically what they would have been flying...

Also, had they known a UFO was shot down they would have sent a recovery crew and not waited for a rancher to call it in, and then send someone who actually called it a UFO to the media.
There were quite a few jet aircraft by the mid 50's.
This was up and flying by 1954.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
It's far simpler for us to have been seeded here by superior beings than for evolution on a macro-scale to occur.
I'm no scientist but anyone that thinks this shit just happened is a fawking idiot. Hell we're on the verge of making beings from scratch, WTF is it so hard for some to believe that someone else did a long long time ago? We're too arrogant for our own good.

I'm no scientist but anyone that thinks this shit just happened is a fawking idiot. Hell we're on the verge of making beings from scratch, WTF is it so hard for some to believe that someone else did a long long time ago? We're too arrogant for our own good.
there are so many different possibilities for what the real truth is, it's pointless to get all wrapped up in any one of them or argue seriously about what the truth may be.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
He's a theory for how life started...

Lfe started on Earth in the past because of life in the future.

Quantum Mechanics says there is a chance- very small chance- any particle in the universe may wind up anywhere else- because they are essentially a wave function until they are observed.

I theorize that like a wave function in space there is also a wave function in time. Any particle may also, theoretically, appear anywhere in time as well.

Therefore if over the course of the Universe is a single celled organism spontaneously found itself on Earth 4 billion years ago, a very very very x a billion very's unlikely event, IT was then responsible for all of life that has come since.

But... since we suspect the Universe will be around for many hundreds of billions of years to come, it is possible this happened.

I call it my "We are our own grandfather Hypothesis."

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
So it's easier to believe in a completely new, one-man hypothesis which includes a paradox, than in evolution, which is generally accepted by science?

:naw:

Or are you joking/trolling again?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
No it is easier to believe we were seeded here by more advanced beings... like they were seeded by more advanced beings before them. That is the easiest to believe.

After that, the We are our own Grandfather hypothesis is still better than life from nothing.

I'm OK with evolution once life already exists.

Evolution explains the differentiation of species, not the origin of life.