• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Prime Rib.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Had a 4.5lb vacuum packed piece in the freezer, let thaw the last couple days. I’m bringing it up to room temp and going to throw it on this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Nice. Love me some smoked prime rib
I THINK its my first one but I doubt it. Wife won’t eat it so I will have elevated cholesterol from now until the foreseeable future.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Rub/paste looks good. What's in it?

Someone gave me a recipe once that included soaking in red wine. I thought it was horrible. Now I just do a basic salt/pepper rub and sometimes will grab some fresh herbs from the garden and crush those up and rub those on. I've also done a garlic paste and it was wicked good.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Mustard, garlic, rosemary, cayenne, sea salt, pepper, lemon juice, California chopped onion (dehydrated). That onion flake really took up the moisture from the lemon and mustard and made for a very cooperative paste. Stuck on better than I ever made before. All I have is cherry wood so that’s what I’m running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Well it is off the bloody charts, pulled it at 125, let it rest for almost an hour, it's flavorful, smoky, tender, and juicy. Damn.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
tell me about that knaf on the cutting board.
When I was a bachelor back in the 90’s I bought a full set of Henckel’s, I still run my set but the pins on the handles are getting thin. This is my biggest butcher knife of the set.
You are looking at a 20 something year old knife and counting, good stuff.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
This is what’s going on with the pins, the silver wear is pretty old and Henckels as well.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
That looks damn good!!
I have a 4 bone in the freezer that I have been thinking of doing, along with my Yorkie recipe.