• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Recent TV show cancellations...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Last Man On Earth - Canceled After Four Seasons On Fox | Deadline

Totally taken by surprise, ended on a cliff-hanger. Bull$hit. They could easily have edited out the cliffhanger and had them end on a happy note.

Lucifer - Lucifer cancelled Tom Ellis hints show WILL move to another network | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

Another sort-of cliff hanger but not as bad as Last Man on Earth. But there is hope here a streaming network will take them.

The Expanse - Cancelled No Season 4 for Syfy Drama | TVLine

I'm playing catch-up, still on season one but not happy to hear this show ended before its time. Thanks Syfy. :down:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Last man on earth was still on tv? Thought it was cancelled long ago
The small group had just found (or been found by) what looked liked dozens, maybe a hundred+ survivors that had been living in some kind of underground bunker in Mexico. Not much of it was explained.

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
The small group had just found (or been found by) what looked liked dozens, maybe a hundred+ survivors that had been living in some kind of underground bunker in Mexico. Not much of it was explained.
Got through the first season. Guess i will find time to binge the rest.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Heard they canceled The Crossing, only watched an episode or two, it had potential but was slow starting.
Cancelled No Season 2 for ABC Drama | TVLine
Hadn't heard of it, looks mildly interesting, if they have a chance to give it a decent conclusion I may watch one day.

I suppose no one came back to the past with winning lottery numbers.

Speaking of Time Travel shows, I enjoyed Timeless, just ended it's 2nd season, and NBC has yet to renew or officially cancel the show. Rumor is though NBC will drop it but someone may pick it up.

Is 'Timeless' Canceled Or Renewed? Why The NBC Show May Not Be Saved

Interesting info...

Timeless, on the other hand, is produced by Sony Pictures Television. NBC has no vested interest in that studio, and thus less reason to bring the show back.

For years, networks ordered shows from a variety of studios, chasing the best content. Though sometimes studios and networks lined up, such as Grey's Anatomy and ABC Studios, just as often they didn't — see 20th Century Fox's Modern Family, which has long been a hit for ABC.

Over the past decade, however, with the value of off-network shows declining thanks to the rise of VOD, the networks have begun aligning more closely with their studios. Networks want ownership in the shows they nurture and promote.

The first five new shows picked up by NBC this season, for instance, came from Universal TV. ABC has a slew of new shows from ABC Studios. CBS picked up eight new CBS Television Studios programs.

The trend extends to existing shows, too. Last week, Fox revived Last Man Standing, the former ABC show that is produced by 20th Century Fox.

Can a show that doesn't have a network-backed studio behind it survive these days? Yes, but it may not be able to go for long without strong ratings, which seems to be the lesson of Timeless. The show may wind up airing somewhere next year, but it probably won't be on NBC.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I realize my situation is different than BOP's, but I've never heard of any of these shows.

Ardvark

I never watch tv anymore. No interest. If espn is on and the top 10 plays of the day are playing i will stop and watch some but other than that i put it on channel 6000 and listen to music

neevo

Limey Hippo
I've been binge watching Who's Line is it Anyway lately :whoknows:
I liked it best with Clive Anderson as the host who is a true wit but Aisha Tyler is hot so tend not to listen so much as drool.

Some of those regulars have been in it since it first hit Brit TV in the late 80's :eek: