• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Recommend me a cell with WM6 that will work with Verizon

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
My Motorola Q sucks balls. I have to turn the POS off and back on again to make a phone call. Battery life sucks too.

I am looking for a phone with VM6 that will work on Verizon. Who has what and what is your opinion.

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
Treo?

Vzw won't let you bring phones over to their system...has to be a Vzw phone.

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
I really like my Tilt, but you'd need to get one unlocked to use on Verizon. It'll probably run you unlocked a minimum of like $400. If you can manage that, I'd highly recommend the Tilt.

Cayuse

Working to live
I've got a 6800. Works pretty well, would like to have a regular phone keypad in addition to the slide QWERTy but that wasn't available on any that can be upgraded to Rev A when I got mine. The 6900 that Verizon offers doesn't have the slide out QWERTY but has more memory than the 6800.

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
I really like my Tilt, but you'd need to get one unlocked to use on Verizon. It'll probably run you unlocked a minimum of like $400. If you can manage that, I'd highly recommend the Tilt.
400 is too high......work will reimburse up to 100 dollars and I have to foot the bill for the rest. I don't want to drop too much myself.

A co-worker picked up this model off ebay used:

SMT5800
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3544

The other one I am looking at is this:

Samsung SCH-i760
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3364

HappyJeep

Tilt no werky on VZW. It's a GSM phone not CrappyDMA.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Treo isn't at WM6 for Verizon yet... the current Treos for VZ are WM5... it works with ActiveSync (I use it) but it doesn't let you see as much email as WM6 does.

Storydude

That would be a good trick. Taking a GSM phone and converting it to CDMA.

Figure it out and become a millionare.

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
My boss is going to give me a 'new' Q that's laying around teh office. It's the same fawking phone. I give it two weeks before it's doing teh same thing as my current one. It's a blast calling clients with this phone. I dial, it doesn't ring on my end but it does on theirs. They pick up and no ones there. After a few minutes my phone hangs up (the only way I can hang up my phone is to pull the battery :naw:) I call them back it works fine......most of the time......:naw:

We may be switching to AT&T, so I don't want a phone that's limited to one carrier......ugh.

HappyJeep

My boss is going to give me a 'new' Q that's laying around teh office. It's the same fawking phone. I give it two weeks before it's doing teh same thing as my current one. It's a blast calling clients with this phone. I dial, it doesn't ring on my end but it does on theirs. They pick up and no ones there. After a few minutes my phone hangs up (the only way I can hang up my phone is to pull the battery :naw:) I call them back it works fine......most of the time......:naw:

We may be switching to AT&T, so I don't want a phone that's limited to one carrier......ugh.
If you are going to AT&T, do not buy one for Verizon. AFAIK only VZW is still CDMA. AT&T and TMO are GSM, and SprintNextelWTFever is still a proprietary system. Dunno aboot Alltech.

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
If you are going to AT&T, do not buy one for Verizon. AFAIK only VZW is still CDMA. AT&T and TMO are GSM, and SprintNextelWTFever is still a proprietary system. Dunno aboot Alltech.
I guess I will just suffer until a decision is made. If the 'new' Q craps out, I am going to just use my personal cell until something better comes along. Pranking (even though not on purpose) my clients isn't good for bizness :agree: