• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Slow, log in.

buckshot500

I DD a 1990 YJ!
Seems like it takes forever to log in here.
None of the other sites I go to are like this.
Once I get past logging in, it seems to be fine.

Even if I'm already logged in, & Click on a link someone posted elsewhere on this board. Sometimes when doing this it wants me to log in again. Slow then too.

It's not a huge deal, just wanted to let you know it is happening.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Seems like it takes forever to log in here.
None of the other sites I go to are like this.
Once I get past logging in, it seems to be fine.

Even if I'm already logged in, & Click on a link someone posted elsewhere on this board. Sometimes when doing this it wants me to log in again. Slow then too.

It's not a huge deal, just wanted to let you know it is happening.
The second login is similar to many boards... you login for the domain and you get a cookie... some people link to www.juot.net while others link to juot.net without the www... Both work and both give you seperate cookies... So if you login to www.juot.net but get a link that is just http://juot.net/ you'll have to login seperately...

As for why it's taking a long time to login to be honest I haven't had any issues- anyone else out there having long login wait times?

How long is 'long' ? 5 seconds? a minute?

buckshot500

I DD a 1990 YJ!
The second login is similar to many boards... you login for the domain and you get a cookie... some people link to www.juot.net while others link to juot.net without the www... Both work and both give you seperate cookies... So if you login to www.juot.net but get a link that is just http://juot.net/ you'll have to login seperately...

As for why it's taking a long time to login to be honest I haven't had any issues- anyone else out there having long login wait times?

How long is 'long' ? 5 seconds? a minute?
Gotcha on the fist item.

Prolly 15-20 seconds between when I key in the first letter of my user name, & when the box with my full user name appears below.

Once I click on that, another 15-20 till the password fills in. Then when I click on the login button, another delay.

Again not a big deal, just odd that it only happens on this board.

I had just attributed it to the high volume of users.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
In the scheme of things this board does not have a lot of users.

I would say to try the "basic" style under the style chooser... it kills the animated star background and the 'white' textures, frees up a little more memory for the browser and may provide a perfomance boost to your local machine... It's worth checking to see if it helps.