• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

smilie code changes

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
being on mobile 99% of the time now, shortcutting smiles would be nice... so is there a chance of:

1. adding more 3 letter shortcuts to the mix... rrr, zzz, ppp, etc...

2. dropping the trailing character from current code, so you can type :smilie instead of :smilie: (take advantage of autocorrect), perhaps allowing either code to work would be easy??

3. can any of this be done using the word filter to edit certain combos.... this is already the case for the n word, can this be exploited to macro smilie code that isn't simple to type (double colons bracketing the code)... maybe this is an easier add on, since it's already made to parse out certain words??

as always, just ideas and suggestions if it's a simple easy thing to do... if new pages of custom code would be needed, that's not what I'm trying for in this... I like a lazy solution on both sides where possible :)

tt <== trained outlook to spellchecker that to "thanks!!"

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
zzz is out of the question because people can type zzzzzzzzzzzzz for "sleeping" sounds- There are few combos left that don't get purposely typed often for non-smiley uses.

Unfortunately no way to make the ending : optional that I can think of.

(double colons bracketing the code)
Don't know what this means but the word censor only turns characters into *** not into whatever you want. That sounds like something you will need to train your own phone.

I will keep an eye out on things that can make mobile browsing easier though.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Only thing that might be done is to manually change ALL of the smilie codes to not include the trailing colon. But that would be a pain in the ass.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
being on mobile 99% of the time now, shortcutting smiles would be nice... so is there a chance of:

1. adding more 3 letter shortcuts to the mix... rrr, zzz, ppp, etc...

2. dropping the trailing character from current code, so you can type :smilie instead of :smilie: (take advantage of autocorrect), perhaps allowing either code to work would be easy??

3. can any of this be done using the word filter to edit certain combos.... this is already the case for the n word, can this be exploited to macro smilie code that isn't simple to type (double colons bracketing the code)... maybe this is an easier add on, since it's already made to parse out certain words??

as always, just ideas and suggestions if it's a simple easy thing to do... if new pages of custom code would be needed, that's not what I'm trying for in this... I like a lazy solution on both sides where possible :)

tt <== trained outlook to spellchecker that to "thanks!!"
suck it up donkey

whatttup_G

&#20813;&#31199;&#30340;&#27597;&#29399;!!11!
zzz is out of the question because people can type zzzzzzzzzzzzz for "sleeping" sounds- There are few combos left that don't get purposely typed often for non-smiley uses.

Don't know what this means but the word censor only turns characters into *** not into whatever you want. That sounds like something you will need to train your own phone.

I will keep an eye out on things that can make mobile browsing easier though.

the phone isn't a great speller, thumbs don't coexist all that well with any of them... what I'd like is a dozen or less shortcuts, in a simple easy way, like c c c or j j j works... typing on the phone makes these [ ] a pain, and isn't : friendly either... so...

can we submit a couple additions to the three letter hack group? I'd offer these as guys that are a bitch to thumbtype and double colon correctly...

:rotflmao:
:lmao:
:rolleyes:
:tiphat:
:banghead:
:lolbash:

if its a yes or maybe for these, then we can think up simple three letter shortcuts that fit the needs.