• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Smoked a butt yesterday

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Best I've done yet. Need to work on the rub for next time, but finally got a decent bark. Have been running it too low at 225*. 250* mo bettah.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
Best I've done yet. Need to work on the rub for next time, but finally got a decent bark. Have been running it too low at 225*. 250* mo bettah.
run at 225 until you hit the stall than 250-275. not to enrage the smoke boys here, but my instant pot makes pretty bad ass pulled pork in 30 min

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
run at 225 until you hit the stall than 250-275. not to enrage the smoke boys here, but my instant pot makes pretty bad ass pulled pork in 30 min
That is what I had been doing with lesser results. Also no bark as I wrap in parchment paper after the change. This time at 250* the whole way, the results were great.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
That is what I had been doing with lesser results. Also no bark as I wrap in parchment paper after the change. This time at 250* the whole way, the results were great.
I've never wrapped anything but ribs.