• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

So, what. no attachemnts now?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That's right... it's a waste of server space and processing power - go get a free account at photobucket or flickr or such.

Storydude

That's right... it's a waste of server space and processing power - go get a free account at photobucket or flickr or such.
THEN WHY STILL HAVE THE ****ING OPTION TAKING UP SERVER RESOURCES?:tirehead:

Or, maybe understand that tis place cannot be run on a 386 with 24Mb of ram.

Storydude

Funny, Gunboards has 10X the member base of this place, and still allows attachments.
As does Off-topic.net, among many others.

Properly set up, attachments use a fraction of server space and processing power.

Maybe lose all the added crap here and allow attachments mmk?

bbo

I know [you]
off-topic.net sucks imo . and they have pay portions.
Joe has a good point on the free accounts. Store your pron there.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Funny, Gunboards has 10X the member base of this place, and still allows attachments.
As does Off-topic.net, among many others.

Properly set up, attachments use a fraction of server space and processing power.

Maybe lose all the added crap here and allow attachments mmk?
The point is *why* more than *can*

CAN JUOT.net support attachments- absolutely... but why - that's more work for me as an admin and more work for moderating attachments that don't belong here... When all things are simply links moderating the post is all that is necessary. I don't see why this is a major deal to anyone for a free site.

Storydude

Because you are pulling an Obama. Offer one thing, then when it gets tiresome for you, deny the populace access to that which offends you.