• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

sous vide

Avid

:avid:
VIP
Anyone have one they like? I'd like to get one for steaks/pork and the simplicity of cooking a bunch of meals without babysitting it.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The yooper uses one all the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I have one from Target that hangs on the side of a pot. Works well. Great steaks.

I got an Anova one with bluetooth for Christmas. Has worked very well when I've used it. Hang it on an existing large pot I have- do consider if you have a pot that will work.

Ralph

VIP
LOVE my anova. I use it quite often. On top of making great steaks, it's also a dinner saver. Forget to thaw something out? No big deal. Into the water bath, bitch!

The bigger the hunk of meat, the better the results. I can make a medium rare chuck roast with it that will rival any other steak. Brisket, too. It's phenomenal for that.

Ralph

VIP
I do have one of those Rubbermaid clear square containers for it, and some insulating balls that go on top of the water for those long cooks

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
WHat about the BPA in plastic? Even "BPA Free" either lies or has something even worse than BPAs.