• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Spinners...

Ardvark

We put powdered graphite in one if ours last night. Didn't improve it, may have may it slower

Does wonders for pinewood derby cars wonder why it didn't work for this

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Mine hit the floor last night, a piece broke off... Threw it out, didn't want to risk little pieces coming out around the pup.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
We put powdered graphite in one if ours last night. Didn't improve it, may have may it slower

Does wonders for pinewood derby cars wonder why it didn't work for this
Pinewood derby car = plain bushing, no friction reduction, graphite is a good lube for this as almost anything non-sticky would help.

Spinners = cheap but precision ball bearings that, when unloaded, have virtually no drag. You are going to have a lot of trouble improving on that with any lubricant, unless the bearing is heavily loaded, which these are not.

:beerchug:

Ardvark

Will a sealed bearing go faster or are they just sealed to protect from dirt and add longevity

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Will a sealed bearing go faster or are they just sealed to protect from dirt and add longevity
They are only sealed to prevent entry of foreign matter and to, in some cases, keep lubricant inside. The seals will create drag which will affect the free-spinning drastically.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
:owned: is when he showed me how to place the spinning device on my elbow and called it a trick. So I do it and he gets all thrilled with my mad skills, then bumps me, which in turn sent the rapid spinning thing into my teeth. No damage, but a bit shocking.

jjj