• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

srt8 wk's

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
please let taz drive it so he can finally have some decent to brag about abusing. His tall tales of ragging out his customers' geo metros are getting old :clapping:

John

Transplant
VIP
WKs hold up fine and the SRT8s have a very stout drivetrain. I've seen a lot of them that have been beaten on mercilessly and still drove great. However, one would make a shitty DD. Gas, brakes, and tires would own you. I drove one for a week and averaged 14 mpg in mainly hwy driving. I did drive the hell of it, but still....

SRT8 WKs held their value pretty well, much better than other Jeeps (minus the JK), last time that gas got expensive.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
One thing I've come to believe...

Any time you find people in a forum claiming horrid reliability with a car marketed as performance oriented....

Take their co-claims of superb maintenance and never abusing with a lot of salt. On NASIOC, most of the posts I've seen complaining of spun bearings and failed turbos also come with a detailed list of mods...

Of course they never beat the piss out the cars. Never in a million years.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
A friend of mine is buying the next model year SRT8 Grand Cherokee for one of his whips. For some reason, he loves them. He's going to buy another Grand Cherokee beater as a DD, perhaps a NINER. :clapping:

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
One thing I've come to believe...

Any time you find people in a forum claiming horrid reliability with a car marketed as performance oriented....

Take their co-claims of superb maintenance and never abusing with a lot of salt. On NASIOC, most of the posts I've seen complaining of spun bearings and failed turbos also come with a detailed list of mods...

Of course they never beat the piss out the cars. Never in a million years.
:werd:

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
please let taz drive it so he can finally have some decent to brag about abusing. His tall tales of ragging out his customers' geo metros are getting old :clapping:
I've abused plenty of WK Hemehh's, nearly slid sideways in to a parked Volvo with the stability control off, and transported another tech to the ER in another Hemehh after he got a strut spring to the chest. they handle the narrow deeply pot holed 30mph city streets decently at 60 mph :beerchug:

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
I'd love to pick up a set of the SRT wheels for my Overland. Much better looks than the bling it came with.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
Helluva lot cheaper than the Mopar units.
Yeah, I just gotta decide now what tire sizes I can get on those that'll give me a decent selection. Thanks a lot for creating another hole in my wallet. :mrwave:

:rodneyking:

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
Yeah, I just gotta decide now what tire sizes I can get on those that'll give me a decent selection. Thanks a lot for creating another hole in my wallet. :mrwave:

:rodneyking:
You're welcome. They also have matching Jeep labeled center caps:mrtiphat:.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I think I would rather have a saab 9-7x Aero. As much as it pains me to say this, the GM interior is actually better. They're not that much slower and they generally ride just a little better than the WK SRT8. I like the firm ride of the WK SRT8, but NE roads are going to eat up wheels and tires like crazy. Guy I know in MI had one for a year and he bought two or three new wheels for it until he sold it.

I can't find any snow tires for the WK SRT8 btw.

Or... I would just keep your Vette for speed and buy a WK CRD. The last ones had upgraded interiors and they all had smaller wheels.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I've abused plenty of WK Hemehh's, nearly slid sideways in to a parked Volvo with the stability control off, and transported another tech to the ER in another Hemehh after he got a strut spring to the chest. they handle the narrow deeply pot holed 30mph city streets decently at 60 mph :beerchug:
I was waiting for you to chime in with your oil change guy hijinks :jump: