• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The BBQ Coalition. Official Thread.

Until Joe gets the new subforum up and running, this is the thread for all things BBQ.

Please feel free to share your recipes and techniques here.

I'll start of this thread with a great question. Since the weekend is upon us, what are you planning on smoking this weekend?

I'll be the first to answer.

For Mother's day my parents, The Crazy Old Bat, my brother and his family are all coming over.

My menu includes :
pulled pork
smoked salmon
spatchcocked chicken
various sides.

Smoke on bitches!

Jeffery

Feeding a nation of slobs
Why is "Nashville Hot" a new flavor?

It is very different, but what's in it that makes it a new spice?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Why is "Nashville Hot" a new flavor?

It is very different, but what's in it that makes it a new spice?
It isn't a new flavor, some dipshits from the internet just finally ran across it and made it viral. It's this year's aioli. It has nothing to do with grilling, though.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Mom wants ribs.

Remove membrane.
Trim as necessary.
Slather with mustard. Regular old yellow. You can use the horseradish stuff for a little heat, or honey mustard for sweetness. I can't believe I just shared that with you.
Coat liberally with favorite rub. I will be using my own that I developed while cooking competitively.
Do not overcook. "Falling off the bone" is overcooked.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Doing ribs Sunday for Mother's Day...she's not invited :pirate: