• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

'The Englishman Konnor'

neelandan

Owner of dot net
It's the title of a short story by Edgar Wallace, the 13th in a collection. I bought the book years ago second hand and it is probably buried in junk at my old house.

I wanted to read it again. I had been searching obituaries for a certain man from Yorkshire, and this brought me to the term "Englishman Connor" and I thought the author was G K Chesterton.

In it, a private detective follows a man on board a ship, kills him and drops the body, his luggage and the weapon into the sea. Very effective revenge, for crimes committed against others unrelated and unknown to him.

I've downloaded a few books by Edgar Wallace, I remember reading most of them from the library when I was a student. So I'm going to spend some time reading them again.

neelandan

Owner of dot net
I was reading "The Devil Man" by Edgar Wallace and the character reminded me of the way Tommy Tooter behaves. If that person had YouTube, that is.