• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The JU Off Topic Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

Better late than never! I have finally imported all the original JU threads/posts from the original Off Topic forum containing over 1.5 million posts from over 4,000 username covering 3 prior years of JUOT before JUOT.net.

Rather than attempt to merge accounts, and also to prevent editing of posts in the archive, every username has had " [JU]" added after it to become its own unique user.

Of particular interest may be to look up your own posts (or someone else's) by finding their name on the Member's List and then use the "Find all threads started by User" link to see your old JU posts.

Note: Although at the time these threads were originally publicly accessible and able to be indexed by search engines (on JU) I have chosen to require registration in order to view them now so they will not be indexed going forward. I assume that would be most peoples choice.

No one may edit the original posts or create new threads in this forum, but you may reply to any of the existing threads and they will show up as new posts in All Topic like most other JUOT forums. This will hopefully encourage new discussion on old topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.