• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Tri-tip just went on the Pit Boss......moments ago

225 for two hours then I am going to sear it on both sides at 500 degrees.

seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning.

going to make a caprese salad (Stevey will NOT eat) and wasabi mashed cauliflower (Stevey will NOT eat).

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Tri-tip is so damn tasty. Sometimes I’ve found some that were tender like prime rib. I did a concoction with a smoked sausage (high quality) wrapped in a thinly sliced piece of tri-tip and then wrapped in bacon and then smoked. Was one of the best things I have ever smoked. It all kind of turned into a unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I use ball-tip when I can find it for pepper steak. Super tender compared to other cuts and not much more $.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Never was a fan of tri-tip on the smoker. Always grilled them. Medium-high indirect heat until almost done, then over the flame for some char. Pull it off when it hits 130 in the middle.

D-Dog

A slob, fed by Jeffery
VIP
Never was a fan of tri-tip on the smoker. Always grilled them. Medium-high indirect heat until almost done, then over the flame for some char. Pull it off when it hits 130 in the middle.
This, we eat a lot of Tri-Tip. You can also cook it low and slow like a brisket.

D-Dog

A slob, fed by Jeffery
VIP
I go somewhat in between at 175 and don't wrap and put it in an ice chest like a brisket. I like my tri-tip med rare and not bleeding rare.

having a couple over for dinner tonight and doing a spatchcock baja chicken for taco Tuesday on the Traeger.