• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What Generation are you?

What generation are you? (Between what years were you born?)

• The Greatest Generation (1910-1924)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Silent Generation (1925-1945)

• Baby Boomers (1946-1964)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Generation X (1965-1979)

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Millennials (1980-1994)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Gen Z (1995-2012)

• Total voters

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Wait for the poll.

According to this website, these are the names of the generations (abobve) and the years you were born between to be a member. If there is overlap in the year choose the one you most identify with.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I can show you just as many websites that say I’m not as you can that say I am. I came of age in the 90s.

I would even go so far as to say 85 and below are gen X.

mil·len·nial
[miˈlenēəl]
ADJECTIVE
denoting or relating to a period of a thousand years.
"the current increase in hurricanes is only a small fluctuation within this longer millennial cycle"
denoting people reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.
"most social networking groups are dominated by the millennial generation"
another term for millenarian.
NOUN
a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.
"the industry brims with theories on what makes millennials tick" · [more]

Last edited:

John

Transplant
VIP
Everyone is wrong. Joe and I (1978) were without a generation until recently. Now we are defined as Xennials.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Everyone is wrong. Joe and I (1978) were without a generation until recently. Now we are defined as Xennials.
I fall into that window too. The more I read about it, the more it makes sense. We are the group who experienced and remember the analog age and the transition to the digital age.

I identify more with gen X than millennials though. I grew up in the sticks where we had rotary phones and party lines. I never had gogurt or capri suns. I got to ride my bike all over town and rumble in the brush unsupervised.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I remember my high school English teacher (who was hot / young) but still old enough to be a teacher telling us that her generation was originally called Generation X and we were stealing it from her, the people were referring to us as GeneratioN X'ers.

I really never considered myself a Gen Xer but it beats millennial.

Jeffery

Feeding a nation of slobs
I fall into that window too. The more I read about it, the more it makes sense. We are the group who experienced and remember the analog age and the transition to the digital age.

I identify more with gen X than millennials though. I grew up in the sticks where we had rotary phones and party lines. I never had gogurt or capri suns. I got to ride my bike all over town and rumble in the brush unsupervised.

:rolleyes: I think you identify more with Gellato and Capri pants. Rumbling in the brush with your TG friends

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
I'm Gen X.

Millennial had generally been defined by anyone that graduated high school after the turn of the century, so those born after 1982. But, as someone already said, they are constantly changing the date...

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
eh.... who am i kidding. i'm the perfect example of just about nothing....

BUT.... i am smack dab in the middle of that generation and relate to just about every single thing that's on the gen-x list of stuff to relate to.

KMD

VIP
By those numbers I am Gen X, growing up we didn't have a generation designation and I was always told I was part of the baby boomers but I self identify as part of The Next Generation :fp: