• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What Generation are you?

What generation are you? (Between what years were you born?)

• The Greatest Generation (1910-1924)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Silent Generation (1925-1945)

• Baby Boomers (1946-1964)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Generation X (1965-1979)

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Millennials (1980-1994)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Gen Z (1995-2012)

• Total voters

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
:puzzled: They forgot 2013-____. :rotflmao:
2013 - 2025 trey were calling "Generation Alpha" and they didn't forget it, I didn't post it because it's irrelevant, no one who was born in 2013 or more recent is doing a poll here at JUOT.

Similarly there were a couple generations older than the oldest one I included.

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
2013 - 2025 trey were calling "Generation Alpha" and they didn't forget it, I didn't post it because it's irrelevant, no one who was born in 2013 or more recent is doing a poll here at JUOT.

Similarly there were a couple generations older than the oldest one I included.
Wondering ("Wandering", for those in Rio Facebook ;) ) with what sort of cliche the post-2025 era will be named...

"Generation Trump Junior"? ;)

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP

Cornholio01

I wouldn't even answer this question. Just a way for folks to bitch about a younger generation.

Like people haven't been stupid about celebrities and music for generations?

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
Gen X or Xennial. Born in 78 and both apply somewhat. Shit, I didn't even have a cell phone until about 21 or 22 because no one else did either.

I'm amused by the borderline Millennials that want to be considered Gen-X. So much so that they make up new "Xennial" designation so as not to be completely Millennial.

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
I'm amused by the borderline Millennials that want to be considered Gen-X. So much so that they make up new "Xennial" designation so as not to be completely Millennial.
It's because the late Gen-X and early Millennials grew up different than either generation...

We’re an enigma, those of us born at the tail end of the 70s and the start of the 80s. Some of the “generational” experts lazily glob us on to Generation X, and others just shove us over to the Millennials they love to hate – no one really gets us or knows where we belong.

We’ve been called Generation Catalano, Xennials, and The Lucky Ones, but no name has really stuck for this strange micro-generation that has both a healthy portion of Gen X grunge cynicism, and a dash of the unbridled optimism of Millennials.

A big part of what makes us the square peg in the round hole of named generations is our strange relationship with technology and the internet. We came of age just as the very essence of communication was experiencing a seismic shift, and it’s given us a unique perspective that’s half analog old school and half digital new school.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
We were the only generation to have a balance of technology and old school horse play. The internet wasn't real life to us, not until we were adults.