• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What kind of smoker do you have?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I have a Brinkmann Smoky Joe Electric. It’s pretty good with our temp swings and don’t normally have time to attend the hours long process of smoking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Toney Marconi

Fat, drunk, and stupid
VIP
Seriously I have a UDS. Takes a little dialing in at first but once you have it set it will keep that temperature for about 18 hours with very little attention. You do have to give it a good kick every 8 hours or so. It holds about 15 pounds of charcoal/wood chunks and will cook about three good sized butts at once. I also have a mini WSM made from an old Weber Smokey Joe and a modified tamale pot. I use the mini for short quick smokes and the UDS for long overnight cooks.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I could probably take my granddaddy's, but I haven't felt the desire to do so. I rarely even use a grille, can't imagine I'd ever use one that takes hours upon hours to make food.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Seriously I have a UDS. Takes a little dialing in at first but once you have it set it will keep that temperature for about 18 hours with very little attention. You do have to give it a good kick every 8 hours or so. It holds about 15 pounds of charcoal/wood chunks and will cook about three good sized butts at once. I also have a mini WSM made from an old Weber Smokey Joe and a modified tamale pot. I use the mini for short quick smokes and the UDS for long overnight cooks.
Did you buy a UDS kit from Big Poppa’s Smokers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Weber Smokey Mountain

Pellet Grill/Smoker (outdoor gourmet triton XL from Academy)

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I looked at some today, trager both large and small but omg that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
The Original TokeMaster

LOL...lived next to a kid that was a total stoner in the 90's. He complained about how expensive those were. I got some clear tubing and built about a dozen like that and sold them to him and his friends. Good times those were.

It is morally wrong to allow stoners to keep their money.

D-Dog

A slob, fed by Jeffery
VIP
Traeger for now, next one will be a pellet smoker with sear capability. Rec-Tec, Yoder or Pit Boss maybe.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Traeger for now, next one will be a pellet smoker with sear capability. Rec-Tec, Yoder or Pit Boss maybe.
Lack of sear pisses me off about mine. Something i didn’t consider

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
For years I smoked on a kettle grill put the fire on one side and the meat on the other. Whipped up some good stuff doing that but there were some obvious shortcomings with that setup, one was keeping it hot long enough and the other was having to open it up to check stuff.