• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What temp should I aim for when cooking Chuck Roast?

leolaquitzon

Cooking my first chuck roast today and I've seen people talk about cooking it from 165 degrees all the way up to 206 degrees. What should I aim for if I'm trying to get it as tender and juicy as possible?

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Cooking my first chuck roast today and I've seen people talk about cooking it from 165 degrees all the way up to 206 degrees. What should I aim for if I'm trying to get it as tender and juicy as possible?
Welcome. Tell us about yourself. Where are you from? What are you cooking this in? Smoker? Grill? Oven?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Leon, I'm smoking a brisket. What temp should I aim for?

Also, do you think we should ban this poster for trying to sneak some rando post in to gain credibility before switching to spam?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Took mine to 201 and it was a bit dry. I probably should have wrapped it earlier.