• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

When did 14's in the 1/4 mile become fast?

how many factory muscle cars ran below 14's

i bet not many.

low optioned high horse cars of the 60's and 70's run under the 14 second mark with bias plys.

personally i think a car deep into the 14's can make for a fun daily driver. today, with 4cyl cars capable of lifting the front tires and ripping off high 8 second passes on 10" tire i wouldn't even brag about an 11 second pass [especially considering 8000 pound turbo diesel's run 10's on stock long blocks]...

what are these bricks running stock anyway?

niner with headers n magna flow muff
1/4 Mile ET: 14.340
1/4 Mile MPH: 93.400
1/8 Mile ET: 9.090
1/8 Mile MPH: 74.600
0-60 Foot ET: 2.006
Temperature F: 44.0
running an suv in the 1/4 is pointless. no matter what you do to it, it'll never be 'fast'. might be faster than stock.... still slow though

what are these bricks running stock anyway?

niner with headers n magna flow muff

running an suv in the 1/4 is pointless. no matter what you do to it, it'll never be 'fast'. might be faster than stock.... still slow though
:disagree:

typhoon's are out there running beyond most peoples definition of fast.

Stock Stage 1 Buicks and Chevelle 454's ran mid to high 13's as did alot of Vettes and Olds cars and Mopars.Most were Big Block,but a few small block cars like the Cuda and Novas were capable but most likely needed slicks or sticky tires.

That still doesn't mean it's fast, it just means old farts need to shut up about how fast cars were in their day.
Being an old fart who actually owned some of the POS muscle cars, we should STFU.
I used to go to Irwindale when you could run your own ride. 13's were a very good time for most of the muscle cars. Most were 14-16's. You had to work hard to get lower times.