• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

where's the details

Enlighten all of us with your bike accident details Duane.

It sounds like you got injured. May you be on the road to a speedy recovery.

Did you total the bike?

If repost, link or STFU.

Details and speedy recovery, Duane.:hoos:
STFU yourself. :wavin2:

After riding a pretty technical mountain road--at a sane speed--I turned around to go home and the rear tire started to slip out from under me as I completed the turn. I know better, but by reflex I touched down with my left leg (going no faster than 4-5 mph) and instantly broke the upper end of my tibia. At that point there was no stopping going down. I hit the deck on my left side and my armored jacket absorbed the fall. The bike slid another 10-15 feet and from what I'm told didn't sustain any damage other than the crash bar getting scratched up and a couple lights that stick out.

I was surprised that the x-rays revealed a break. When I first went down I thought something might be broken, but by the time the paramedics showed up I was pretty well convinced it was only a dislocation or sprained knee. I couldn't walk on it or bend my knee, but just lying still it didn't hurt very much. We'll see what the ortho doc has to say, but for now I think I'm glad it was my tibia instead of my knee. Bones heal easier than joints. :D

Taggart [JU]

Archived
Enlighten all of us with your bike accident details Duane.

It sounds like you got injured.
Walking wounded. Or, to be more precise, hobbling wounded. Ortho doc says I probably do have some knee damage, will need a few screws to hold everything in place while Oscar Goldman works up an assignment for me.

May you be on the road to a speedy recovery.
Muchas gracias! :beerchug:

Did you total the bike?
Nope, not nearly. No mechanical damage. $1300 to replace every bit of chrome that has a scratch on it. Might as well, since the lizard is paying for most of it. :)

BTW, I'm very favorably impressed with GEICO so far, even if they do discriminate against cavemen.

miwico [JU]

Archived
Walking wounded. Or, to be more precise, hobbling wounded. Ortho doc says I probably do have some knee damage, will need a few screws to hold everything in place while Oscar Goldman works up an assignment for me.

Nope, not nearly. No mechanical damage. $1300 to replace every bit of chrome that has a scratch on it. Might as well, since the lizard is paying for most of it. :)

BTW, I'm very favorably impressed with GEICO so far, even if they do discriminate against cavemen.

Dang.

I read tech's quote of yours which must be from a thread I missed. That sucks man. I've caught myself sticking my leg out there to catch myself a couple of times, but didn't and squeezed the tank like they taught us in that STARS class. So far, so good and no wipe outs. You'll be riding soon.