• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

yui.yahooapis.com

Ralph

VIP
FWIW, everytime I load JUOT, the site loads something from the above-mentioned domain and delays the page load, usually to the tune of 1.5-2 seconds. :shrug:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The YUI Library is a set of javascripts and css that is used to help the forum software do what it does more efficiently. Many sites use the same library.

Usually it should be being cached in your browser, it isn't something that needs to be downloaded each time. You may want to clear your browser cache.

More Info: YUI Library

Both Yahoo and Google serve these files, I can pick from either one in the forum settings. In the past I've noticed Yahoo seemed faster than Google but if anyone else is having this issue I can switch to the other.

Ralph

VIP
Wait times to load this are right now over 1 min even after clearing cache. Then when I try to quick reply with FF it acts like I hit the post button but left the message box empty.

Ralph

VIP
Now hanging on t.skimresources.com :shrug: It's not causing load delays per se, but when you load the most recent post in a thread, then scroll up for context, it bumps back to the most recent post on its own after 30 sec or so.

Attachments

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It's a yahoo provided javascript API file... It's used on many websites... but it should be cached (meaning you only need to download it once per session at most) - are you running with a browser cache turned off?

In any case those kind of things usually clear up themselves.

Ralph

VIP
It's a yahoo provided javascript API file... It's used on many websites... but it should be cached (meaning you only need to download it once per session at most) - are you running with a browser cache turned off?

In any case those kind of things usually clear up themselves.
Cache is on. Just wanted to let you know about the hangup with skimlinks. Seems to have cleared up now.