• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Zip Code 80085 (What state do The Simpsons live in?)

Lark Bunting

:middlefinger:
VIP
I don't get your logic on why it needs to be 80085 based on the calculator theory. Everyone knows for basic childish calculator humor you type in the numbers then flip the calulator upside down...ie; 07734 is HELLO, 7734 is HELL Therefore, wouldn't the zip code be 58008 for BOOBS? :shrug:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
An update to this thread... On the Sunday September 25, 2011 episode of The Simpsons entitled, The Falcon and the D'Ohman, (The Season Premier) Marge mentions that The Simpson's Springfield has a Frito Lay Distribution center.

After some Googling I found this list: Frito Lay Inc THROUGH Frito-Lay Inc | Manta Company Profiles

It shows Frito Lay has some sort of presence in Springfield, IL (Illinois) and Springfield, MO (Missouri).

Now the problem with Illinois is that Springfield is the capital city and in The Simpsons we know their Springfield is not the capital city. Spring Missouri though- as good a guess as any. :shrug:

mcatdtJEEP

Yup. It was Behind the Laughter episode. the narrator was mentioning something about the future looking bright for the Northern Kentucky family.
Damn...should have read the entire thread.

One of the best episodes, too.

My favorite is season 1 "call of the simpsons" where homer bought an rv and got accused of being bigfoot.

Sent from my DROID X while driving.....thankyou tapatalk

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I guess the "mystery" is solved... a clip from the above article...

UPDATED: After 25 years, The Simpsons creator Matt Groening has finally revealed his real-life inspiration for the town of Springfield.

“Springfield was named after Springfield, Oregon,” Groening tells the upcoming issue of Smithsonian magazine in an in-depth Q&A. “The only reason is that when I was a kid, the TV show Father Knows Best took place in the town of Springfield, and I was thrilled because I imagined that it was the town next to Portland, my hometown. When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name. I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, ‘This will be cool; everyone will think it’s their Springfield.’ And they do.”
Now we can turn our skills to figure out in what State is the Futurama city of New New York... This one may never get solved. :D

mcatdtJEEP

"The inspiration for" and "the state its inž are 2 different things though....

And I was watching the "mypod" episode from season 20, joe.... steve bogs was in an underwater ship and behind him in the water was a narwhail.....

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
They also have 3 eyed fish in the water- just because an animal appears on The Simpsons I do not assume them to be real.

They live in Springfield, OR. This was proven by Matt Groening when he showed his elementary school that is very similar to the simpsons, they can get to the ocean easily, they have nuclear power, and it's a weird town overall. Look it up and see what you think.

Ralph

VIP
I guess the "mystery" is solved... a clip from the above article...

UPDATED: After 25 years, The Simpsons creator Matt Groening has finally revealed his real-life inspiration for the town of Springfield.

“Springfield was named after Springfield, Oregon,” Groening tells the upcoming issue of Smithsonian magazine in an in-depth Q&A. “The only reason is that when I was a kid, the TV show Father Knows Best took place in the town of Springfield, and I was thrilled because I imagined that it was the town next to Portland, my hometown. When I grew up, I realized it was just a fictitious name. I also figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, ‘This will be cool; everyone will think it’s their Springfield.’ And they do.”
Now we can turn our skills to figure out in what State is the Futurama city of New New York... This one may never get solved. :D
They live in Springfield, OR. This was proven by Matt Groening when he showed his elementary school that is very similar to the simpsons, they can get to the ocean easily, they have nuclear power, and it's a weird town overall. Look it up and see what you think.
No shit? :loser:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Unlikely- residential US IP address, not listed on any spam lists. Probably just a Simpsons fan. :mrwave: