• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Echo

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
She can give me any digit of Pi between 1 and 99 but not read them all.

You can say-

"Alexa, flip a coin" and she tells you what it landed on.

"Roll a die" and she can tell you what it landed on. You can say roll 3 dice 5 dice, even a hundred dice and she does, she tells you each individual number and the total. But you can't ask her to roll 2 dice or 4 dice because she processes those words as to and for respectfully and the sentence makes no sense.

You can say "Alexa, pick a number between 1 and 100" and she does.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
You can say-

"Alexa, flip a coin" and she tells you what it landed on.

"Roll a die" and she can tell you what it landed on. You can say roll 3 dice 5 dice, even a hundred dice and she does, she tells you each individual number and the total. But you can't ask her to roll 2 dice or 4 dice because she processes those words as to and for respectfully and the sentence makes no sense.

You can say "Alexa, pick a number between 1 and 100" and she does.
Cortana can do those 2 on my phone.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It is fairly easy for someone with any understanding of networking to see the Echo simply can't possibly be sending enough data to be recording all conversations. Voice data is only sent when you activate it. If it was being sent all the time or even at regular intervals it couldn't be hidden.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
what is the sound quality for playing music?
Surprisingly good, actually. I don't have much (any, really) experience with small speakers like this, but I was very impressed with this. There's actual bass and super high end that expected to just be absent like on cheap car audio systems.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
It is fairly easy for someone with any understanding of networking to see the Echo simply can't possibly be sending enough data to be recording all conversations. Voice data is only sent when you activate it. If it was being sent all the time or even at regular intervals it couldn't be hidden.
That's what the secret built-in 4g modem is for...