• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cord has been cut..

The apk for the fire is available on the Facebook page. I cant help the lazy
Why are you on here this early on a Sunday morning? I'm stuck working or I'd be asleep (6:15am here).

I just joined the facebook group, but I haven't looked through it. Good to hear they have a FireTV specific app, although the version of the generic one I have seems to be perfect so I'm not sure why they'd have a different one for FTV.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Why are you on here this early on a Sunday morning? I'm stuck working or I'd be asleep (6:15am here).

I just joined the facebook group, but I haven't looked through it. Good to hear they have a FireTV specific app, although the version of the generic one I have seems to be perfect so I'm not sure why they'd have a different one for FTV.
The lifetime subscription is $49 for 7 more days, then it goes up to $120
Link

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Hooked my 60" up to my attic antenna. It's really all I need. Will be cutting the cord in February after the Super Bowl. This thread is a good reference.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Today is the last day for $49 for lifetime, get it while you can!
I actually bought another lifetime subscription yesterday for my galaxy nexus for my brother to use since he is stuck on crapple phones because of the dedicated software he has to use. He's going to reset the device and only run droidtv, netflix, hulu etc on it and delete all of the other apps to make it a dedicated entertainment device. I did the same with my samsung tablet. :bunnydance:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Hooked my 60" up to my attic antenna. It's really all I need. Will be cutting the cord in February after the Super Bowl. This thread is a good reference.
I did the same but use droidtv for all tv shows and borrow the Watch Espn login from my parents to watch college foosball. :bunnydance:

If you have an antenna, do you need to wait? I think the superbowl is on NBC this year... Do you not get that channel?

Other than ESPN, I get all the games over the antenna that I would from cable.

John

Transplant
VIP
This has me thinking. So the only thing that keeps me with satellite/cable is sports. I have an internet ready tv so I could get sports pkgs through the internets. Other than the Durham Bulls, all of the teams that I care anout aren't local. Hmm...

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
This has me thinking. So the only thing that keeps me with satellite/cable is sports. I have an internet ready tv so I could get sports pkgs through the internets. Other than the Durham Bulls, all of the teams that I care anout aren't local. Hmm...
You can watch the GA dawgs stuff through the watch espn app which includes the SEC network channels (if you get someone's login; i use my parents charter account) but the braves stuff would be hard to find online.

Last edited:

John

Transplant
VIP
Can you still get MLB pkg online? I heard that you can't get it through PS3 anymore...

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Can you still get MLB pkg online? I heard that you can't get it through PS3 anymore...
not sure. I pay attention to baseball only up to football season. Then I'm out. I only use my ps3 to stream amazon prime stuff but amazon just revamped their android app to allow playing videos on the app, so I doubt I'll use it anymore.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
If you have an antenna, do you need to wait? I think the superbowl is on NBC this year... Do you not get that channel?

Other than ESPN, I get all the games over the antenna that I would from cable.
I like the Monday and Thursday games sadly

I like the Monday and Thursday games sadly
Get a login/password from someone that has cable or stream it from one of the many websites. I'm an NFL fan, but not a true fan - meaning I only care about watching Steelers games, and my wife really only watches the Pats. I doubt even half of their games are shown locally. If it's OTA, great. If not, I'll watch a live stream (quality is sometimes bad).

If the NFL would allow me to pay to receive streaming games for a reasonable price (under $50/yr) I'd be all over it. Hopefully things will change after the DirecTV contract expires.

We cut the cord too.
Been w/Cox since I lived at home.

Was weird turning the box in and disconnecting the service.

Not sure what we will do when that time comes to get something. :shrug:

Nice saving $200/month while we do.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
It's been over a year with no DirecTV and I don't miss it.

I did pick up a Fire TV a month ago, it's not too bad. Beats having to update the PS3 every time I turn it on.

Tried Droid TV but didn't like the quality of the video. Maybe the trial downgrades it? I don't think I'd use it much anyways.

Last edited:
It's been over a year with no DirecTV and I don't miss it.

I did pick up a Fire TV a month ago, it's not too bad. Beats having to update the PS3 every time I turn it on.

Tried Droid TV but didn't like the quality of the video. Maybe the trial downgrades it? I don't think I'd use it much anyways.
That was my initial complaint as well, but they recently changed this so all new shows are actually pretty good quality.