• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kazi G-1 Scout Plane (KY84007) Review

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Available on eBay.
Price: $22 with free shipping
Kazi #: KY84007
Pieces: 281+
Rating:
:4.5stars: (Extraordinary value, instruction could use improvement.)

If this were a Lego brand set it would be a perfectly ordinary set and cost $40 or more. What makes this extraordinary is I purchased this set for less than $22 with free shipping. Whether or not you can still get the exact deal I did remains to be seen, but if you can get close consider yourself well ahead of the game.

01-scoutplane.JPG

This is a fairly quick build and a fun plane when you're done. It has one complete mini-figure, the pilot. The two crew at the back of the plane are half-figures, just a head and molded torso. No legs or arms. The cockpit opens and two roof sections open at the back revealing computer stations. Propellers spin (if you spin them) and the flaps move up and down.

02-IMG_1501.JPG 03-IMG_1498.jpg

The final build is sturdy overall- no real complaints with the brick quality or design. The one and only complaint I had was with the instructions. For a Lego set I would expect an instruction booklet. Instead this shipped with one big piece of paper you unfold like a map- follow all the steps on front then turn over and follow all the steps on the back. It's not a big deal but it did feel like the one area they cheaped-out in.

I was glad to see the Kazi bricks had no noticeable quality issues and look forward to trying more from this brand.

04-IMG_1499.JPG 05-IMG_1500.jpg

I don't know how to explain it but the blue "light" on the wing (Which should probably be green to be honest) looks great to me- its got sort of a milky mix to it rather than the transparent blue a real Lego piece would have. I wish I could build an entire set out of bricks of this color! My camera does not do it justice.

06-IMG_1500-blue-light.JPG