• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Remodel Thread

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
You could buy a wood varnish stripper, strip the face frames, buy new door slabs to your liking, color match stain/paint the face frame, install new hardware and call it done. That would be on the cheap.

Last edited:

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
Most kitchens I see now a days look totally over done. Just keep it very simple with good quality items.
The funny thing is, fully custom often costs Ikea junk prices. I had my cabinets custom made. I think I am into them $11-12k. Another 4-5 in soapstone, probably $1k in hardware/lighting/sink stuff, and $5k in appliances, and I'm sitting on a $50k kitchen.

Ralph

VIP
I read this, and here I am, planning to redo my galley-style kitchen in the house for $5k total because anything more would never pay back :rotflmao: ****ing :bling: shit y'all have.

Ralph

VIP
I couldn't even replace my refrigerator or stove for $5k.
Balla.

Our GE stove cost me 500 bucks in 2006, and the Maytag fridge was 600 last October.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my cabinets. May just grab lower unfinished stock boxes from HD, then order upper boxes from Cabinotch so I can get full height, have the upper doors made locally, and finish/install the whole shebang myself.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I couldn't even replace my refrigerator or stove for $5k.
I'm nowhere near this pretentious. Even in a home I intend to stay in, I wouldn't have that much in those two appliances.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
He bragged about ripping off lesbians who were desperate for money.
Your memory sucks. The lesbos wanted the fridge and I bought it out from under them. I took all 6 appliances (fridge, range, range hood, wall oven/microwave, warming drawer, dishwasher) because I had the $4500 in my pocket and got to the seller first. They did cost me $500 to get home, but the fawkers are massive. They came out of a few million dollar home up in Cave Creek going through foreclosure.

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
I'm nowhere near this pretentious. Even in a home I intend to stay in, I wouldn't have that much in those two appliances.
The stove I would like to purchase is $3200 and it's not even "professional".

Alas, I have yet to purchase it because my current one works just fine.