• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Lego Christmas Ball Ornaments on eBay

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Available on eBay.
Price: $5.88 + small shipping fee
Lego #: N/A
Pieces: About 80
Rating
: :5stars: (Just wish I had to put it together myself.)

I wasn't sure where to put this but it ended up as an "Individual Set Review" but be warned if you buy this it comes already assembled. You do not get instructions on how to make it although it is fairly simple once you peak inside.

I have to admit I had my doubts this was truly "100% Lego" and thought I might find some legos glued to an inner core- but that is absolutely not true- it is mostly hollow but every piece used is a real Lego piece.

The design requires the use of the 1x1 bricks with 4 studs (one on each side) not counting the 5th stud on top in the normal location.

4-studs-1x1s-400.jpg

The one I bought on eBay from the eBay seller ninjagos uses 8 of these and I have to say they did not cheap out on the design- it is a very solid ball that will likely survive falling off your Christmas tree if the branches get disturbed.

What you absolutely do not want to do is take the top piece off and play ball with this thing. If you throw it at someone and they catch it like a regular ball they will hurt their hands- pretty bad- my sister is still mad at me over it. :eek: Apparently the sharp Lego edges are quite the shock as you catch it.

I was able to replicate the design using a few as 3 of the special bricks shown above but it was not nearly as sturdy.

For the $5.88 these are being sold for I can't imagine they are making a huge profit- this is a great deal for any Lego fan whether they have a Christmas tree or not. It's great to just keep on your desk at work, too. Maybe build a little stand for it. Possibilities are endless.