• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Lego [Creator] Aviation Adventures (31011) Review

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Available on Amazon, eBay
Price: ~$45
Lego #: 31011
Pieces: 618
Rating: :5stars: (Great value)

The best part of this set is the value. The MSRP is $59.99 but you can find it for $42 to $45 on Amazon and eBay. I love the blue and yellow color scheme and at over 600 pieces this is a decently complex set. This is more than just an airplane- hidden inside are a number of rods and gears that allow you to spin the propeller by sliding the real landing gear forward and backwards. You can open the hood to get a peak at the workings.

01-DSC00025.jpg 02-DSC00020.JPG

Besides the nifty system to spin the propeller and opening hood you also have a flap on each wing you can move and position. In addition there is a cockpit with two seats. The front cockpit piece bends up. The rear piece both bends up or slides back. Note- being a Creator set there are no minifigures included. The minifigures you see I added from my collection.

03-DSC00014.jpg 04-DSC00016.JPG

The plane also has a substantial front landing gear that does fold up into the wings if you desire.

05-DSC00024.jpg

Overall this is a very solid design. You can play with it and not worry about small pieces (or even big pieces) falling off. The weakest part are the propeller blades but they aren't bad at all.

06-DSC00017.jpg

Finally, since this is a creator set there are of course two alternative builds possible. A rather unimpressive speed boat and mildly more interesting helicopter. For me however there was no real desire to do anything but the plane.

The final size of the plane is great for playing with or displaying. It's over a foot long and about 15 inches wide.

07-DSC00008.jpg 08-DSC00009.jpg 09-DSC00012.jpg 10-DSC00007.jpg