• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5

John

Transplant
VIP
The S5 has amazing battery life. Way better than any other droid product.

Oh and I'm holding out for the iPhone 6
:applejump:

Last edited:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium

You know less about phones than you do cars and you dont know jackshit about cars :rotflmao:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
what saith juot?

IBiCrap
HTC One M8 although I want a One Plus One, but they're impossible to get still. What network? I'm stuck on verizon for the unlimited data plan, but the GSM networks have a lot of cool open phone on google play

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
HTC One M8 although I want a One Plus One, but they're impossible to get still. What network? I'm stuck on verizon for the unlimited data plan, but the GSM networks have a lot of cool open phone on google play
Unlimited data is my reason for sticking with Verizon and why I'll also remain on Android.

I doubt I'll get another Moto unless it's one of their dev editions, rooting and keeping current Moto phones rooted keeps me irritated.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Unlimited data is my reason for sticking with Verizon and why I'll also remain on Android.

I doubt I'll get another Moto unless it's one of their dev editions, rooting and keeping current Moto phones rooted keeps me irritated.
I have to have root for my appradio mirroring

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
A good buddy of mine has a One M8 and loves it. He mentioned the One to One the other day and highly recommended me to take a look at it.

I thought VZW has a SIM now and you can switch to other carriers SIM cards if going overseas? I specifically asked for that on my iPhone. IIRC it was a $40-$50 option.

jif

A bit nutty
I'm waiting for the Galaxy F. Looks to be a pretty solid phone, if the rumors are true.

Ralph

VIP
I am on VZW. LTE requires a SIM... so VZW phones run both CDMA for the 3G and 1x networks and LTE via SIM card for the 4G network.

One thing that give me a chubby about the G3 is that the 32gb phone comes with 3gb of ram.

Android Central did a pretty solid run down on them and basically said you can't go wrong with either: LG G3 versus Samsung Galaxy S5 | Android Central

Ah, so it's the NEXT iPhone that's going to be great... What is this, like the 5th time that the next iPhone is going to be the one that fixes all the problems and has killer new features?

I have to have root for my appradio mirroring
Are you using ARU or ARLiberator or something? I've been using MirrorLink/DriveLink with my S3 and Appradio 3, but I'm going to switch to MHL/Appradio mode when a new cable arrives. What do you need to root your phone for?

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
The arliberator forum is full of issues
App Radio Forums - ARLiberator

AppRadio Unchained - Full mirorring fo | Android | XDA Forum

I used the ARliberator app (and paid the $30 for about a year, but it was too buggy and the developer apparently was hospitalized BOP style). I've now use appradiounchained with the pioneer MHL cable with my rooted samsung galaxy nexus and it is WAY better because a group of developers are behind it instead of one kid. I pulled the appradio2 out of the land cruiser and installed in the 2500 silverado.

You have to have root for some of the core permissions. They even have an option to run an android stick instead of your phone with is intruiging and I may do later. It would be nice to already have the android stick set up as an entertainment only hub and just press the wifi hotspot on my phone. I've have passengers get too nosey with my phone before when controlling the radio :shush::brows:

cnet posted a nice review.
Unlock full Android app mirroring on your dashboard with this AppRadio hack - CNET

Last edited:
The arliberator forum is full of issues
App Radio Forums - ARLiberator

AppRadio Unchained - Full mirorring fo | Android | XDA Forum

I used the ARliberator app (and paid the $30 for about a year, but it was too buggy and the developer apparently was hospitalized BOP style). I've now use appradiounchained with the pioneer MHL cable with my rooted samsung galaxy nexus and it is WAY better because a group of developers are behind it instead of one kid. I pulled the appradio2 out of the land cruiser and installed in the 2500 silverado.

You have to have root for some of the core permissions. They even have an option to run an android stick instead of your phone with is intruiging and I may do later. It would be nice to already have the android stick set up as an entertainment only hub and just press the wifi hotspot on my phone. I've have passengers get too nosey with my phone before when controlling the radio :shush::brows:

cnet posted a nice review.
Unlock full Android app mirroring on your dashboard with this AppRadio hack - CNET

I have an Appradio 3 and made the mistake of going with a MirrorLink install instead of the MHL. The official DriveLink app from Samsung never worked, not sure if it's an appradio 3 or S3 issue, but a modified version did. Couple weeks ago Samsung pushed out an update to my phone which broke the modified app, leaving me with pretty much no option other than switching over to MHL connection based app. From talking with the guys at the car stereo store it sounds like samsung broke drivelink for every samsung device with this upgrade.

ARLiberator doesn't support the AR3, so it's either the basic AR app or ARU for me.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
the official apps are crap. I tried to use the pioneer app and it was horrible and lagy. the appradiounchained app is the SHIT :mrwave:

John

Transplant
VIP
Ah, so it's the NEXT iPhone that's going to be great... What is this, like the 5th time that the next iPhone is going to be the one that fixes all the problems and has killer new features
Way to put words in my mouth. I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 5.

Way to put words in my mouth. I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone 5.
:mischiev:

Can't help poking fun sometimes. I'm sure the iPhone5 is perfectly fine (other than the laundry list of common problems), I just find it entertaining to see the same pattern with every iPhone:

1) Wow, the new iPhone that's about to come out is going to be GREAT!!! All problems will be fixed, and cool new functions.
2) Wow, just got my new iPhone and it's great.. Couple minor issues, but it must be me.
3) I LOVE my iPhone even though everyone seems to be having the same problems I am. I'm sure Apple will fix them.
4) I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone, I've learned to live with all the problems. Apple has been good about fixing the problems and I've only had to go to an Apple store 3 times..
5) goto 1.

Not saying the same pattern doesn't happen with other smart phones, but iPhone users seem to be more blindly accepting of flaws and limitations and are more emotionally invested. I guess that's what happens with you have essentially 1 option and get locked into the Apple/iTunes world. I suppose it's easier when you only get to choose from the current iPhone, the old model, or wait for the next one.

John

Transplant
VIP
I've never had any problems other than a $20 battery. It's good as new with a new battery. It's almost two years old. I've never had a phone last this long. If I wasn't due to sign a new contract in December I would keep it.