• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Mega Bloks ProBuilder Carbon Series Fighter Jet (3269) Review

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Available on Amazon, eBay.
Price: Varies (See below for more info)
Mega Bloks #: 3269
Pieces: 223

Rating: :2stars: (Missing pieces, poor brick quality, difficult to assemble)

What a disappointment. I had heard some mixed reviews about Mega Bloks but had high hopes as it is a relatively well known Lego-clone brand that is actually sold in US toy stores. I know this is an older set not made anymore and I will try another, more recent Mega Bloks set before doing a brand review.

This set had two main issues- the first being a missing piece. I have yet to ever have a real missing piece from a new set by Lego, Kre-o, BricTek, WOMA, Kazi, or even the no-name Asian brands so I was surprised my first missing brick would be from Mega Bloks. It wasn't a tiny piece either- it was a reverse-slope 1x2 to 2x2. Luckily I was able to go to my Lego collection and pull a couple spares. I ended up using black because I didn't want to waste time searching for dark grey that probably wouldn't match right anyway.

01-IMG_1487.JPG

I wouldn't bring up a missing piece if I wasn't absolutely sure it was missing. I have had my fair share of "scares" over the years, a piece has been missing but it always eventually turned up either after checking the box, the bags, the area around me, or even looking back in the instructions. This piece was definitely missing.

The missing piece wasn't the worse problem- the bricks themselves did not fit together well. It was nearly impossible to attach the wings to the body, the plastic studs would just not line up. I literally had to get out my rubber mallet. Why did I buy a rubber mallet? I have no idea, but for 9 years it sat unused in my garage- until the day I built this!

02-lego-mallet.jpg

After multiple whacks the wings finally fit. It was not something a small child would have been able to accomplish alone.

Building problems aside the final design is nice.

03-IMG_1474.JPG

One thing that I like about the design is that include several temporary bricks- these bricks are red and are only placed on the set for a few steps to make putting it together easier. Unfortunately all the temporary bricks in the world won't help when the quality of the bricks are poor.

04-IMG_1464.JPG

The other nice thing about this set is the stand. It is actually study and allows you to display the plane flat (like above) or angled (like below.)

05-IMG_1481.jpg

I suppose their ProBuilder line is similar to Lego's Creator series. The plane is not large enough for a mini-figure pilot. There is no real cockpit under the "windshield." It is however nicely reflective.

The bottom line is I paid less than $23 for this set, new, on Amazon. Unfortunately I bought the last one at that price. Prices I see now vary from $35 to even $85 on both Amazon and eBay. This is a poor set even at $25, I would not recommend it- there are plenty of other similar sets of higher quality out there (several of which I have already reviewed.) At $40 or more this is a definite avoid- please don't pay that much for this. If you see it for $25 with free shipping and have a morbid curiosity I suppose I could understand.