• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

No More Peyton

Cornholio01

Well he was buying IN, not buying outright. But yeah, he screwed that up. Left a lot of millions on the table.
It was a damn big stake, I remember that much.

Talk about two shithead QB's people from Baltimore can't stand :D Elway had the draft debacle in '83.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Manning's wife has a small ownership stake in the Memphis Grizzlies and some think she won't want to re-locate from wherever they are currently living.

Far as I know the Haslams spend half the year in Tennessee and have a big place on Lake Erie in Bratenahl, a couple miles from the stadium. Who knows if they'd try to convince the Mannings to split time between two residences.

I don't think Peyton would be the right hire. The Browns have bought into the analytics thing, and what did Manning major in, public speaking or something? Not sure they need a spokesperson who makes that much money.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
we don't need no Peyton in CLE, we still have 4 GMs and 5 head coaches on the fawkin payroll.

:jump:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
you Browns folks . . . how bad did it suck to see the Ravens win the SB, and Belichick be such a stud?
I turned my back on the NFL when the Browns left. I was only a casual fan anyways. I spend not one dime on anything NFL related. The DirecTV rep gasped when I told her that free NFL Ticket wasn't going to get me to keep my subscription.

Most of my good memories of the old Cleveland Stadium are from the concerts I attended there, not because of Browns or Indians games.

I do read the local articles, mostly for the humor. It's hard not to laugh at ineptitude.

Had they stayed, and Belichick remained coach, they still wouldn't have had any good players. Modell was broke and was taking out loans to pay signing bonuses. Modell was the only owner with no other gig or business interests to shore up the bad times. He did run Stadium Corp, which handled the lease for the Indians but they weren't drawing for shit before the move to the Jake.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
you Browns folks . . . how bad did it suck to see the Ravens win the SB, and Belichick be such a stud?
And most here still hate Belichick because he cut Bernie Kosar.

Kosar has done nothing worth mentioning (other than getting DUI's and filing bankruptcy) since leaving the NFL and some Browns fans think he should be working in the front office. The way the fans hang their hopes on him is pathetic.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I turned my back on the NFL when the Browns left. I was only a casual fan anyways. I spend not one dime on anything NFL related. The DirecTV rep gasped when I told her that free NFL Ticket wasn't going to get me to keep my subscription.

Most of my good memories of the old Cleveland Stadium are from the concerts I attended there, not because of Browns or Indians games.

I do read the local articles, mostly for the humor. It's hard not to laugh at ineptitude.

Had they stayed, and Belichick remained coach, they still wouldn't have had any good players. Modell was broke and was taking out loans to pay signing bonuses. Modell was the only owner with no other gig or business interests to shore up the bad times. He did run Stadium Corp, which handled the lease for the Indians but they weren't drawing for shit before the move to the Jake.
Cleveland screwed Art over and over again, he was supposed to get a new stadium, then they built, Jacobs Field instead, then the arena for the Cavs, then the RR HOF. Mayor White knew the city would not pay for another stadium unless something big happened, so him and Art figured out to move the team (Art wanted out of football but Lerner couldn't afford the team). The rage gave Mayor White what he needed for another tax for another stadium, Lerner got to pay for an expansion team instead of an established franchise, and Art could sell the franchise to someone with money. It was Lerner that connected Modell to Ben Civiletti, the lawyer that put the whole thing together

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I think the Rock Hall was less of a factor in the move, but the rest is pretty much dead on.

Cornholio01

Tide in the draft wishlist: Jones, Kelly, Drake. in that order

given where they are projected

Courtney Upshaw is off to the Colts.