• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

NY Strip, Jalapeños

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Decent Friday dinner… New York Strip steaks, cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapeños and corn on the cob.

Steaks and jalapeños were smoked on the Gateway drum. Corn was grilled in its husk.

Lulu’s Chipotle rub:

Lulu’s everything rub:

Salt and pepper:

Smoked over Blues Hog charcoal with hickory and pecan chips:

Can’t complain…

Gateway rolled coal lovely.

:wifey: made angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bart Giamatti

I know its not preferred.

just not a fan of the cream cheese. Maybe a thin layer occasionally on my bagel.

TGIF & BK use cheddar ftmfw.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Looks perfect. I need a new meat thermometer. I think mine is reading high suddenly.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Looks perfect. I need a new meat thermometer. I think mine is reading high suddenly.
After getting used to the Meater +, I recommend it... MEATER Plus With Bluetooth Repeater – MEATER INTL

You'll need to figure out how to effectively use it in conjunction with your smoker/grill/oven setup. It's more about setting high/low temp alarms that'll work well with your setup. Since I run a fairly rudimentary barrel smoker, a wider temp range is ideal. That and getting used to the intake and chimney flap positions on my setup really helped out. Once you get that ironed out, it's actually a really nice setup. You could always sport for the Meater Block. MEATER Block – MEATER INTL

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Put in boiling water at around 850millibar (your altitude) you should be around 203 degrees, get ice cubes and water, keep stirring you should be around 32.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Put in boiling water at around 850millibar (your altitude) you should be around 203 degrees, get ice cubes and water, keep stirring you should be around 32.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
good idea, I’ll try that. It’s just a basic one. Digital but probably 10 years old.

I’ll look into that fancy one. I don’t have a smoker, I just like to grill