• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Prime Rib

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
This afternoon I smoked 14# of prime rib on the Gateway.

Prepped

Smoked and rested

Looks good

A little contrast

The other one turned out nice as well

No need for horseradish on it. 3/4”-1” thick slices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
That's fawking awesome looking, and I am sure tastes delish. :agree:
I love horseradish. For rib roast it has to be the nice chunky stuff. I don't use too much if at all. Don't want to mess with the meat flavor too much.
All that needs is a good batch of Yorkies to go with it. :agree:
Again, that looks perfect.

Edit: How long of a smoke, and what temps?
I always use some rosemary on mine.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
That's fawking awesome looking, and I am sure tastes delish. :agree:
I love horseradish. For rib roast it has to be the nice chunky stuff. I don't use too much if at all. Don't want to mess with the meat flavor too much.
All that needs is a good batch of Yorkies to go with it. :agree:
Again, that looks perfect.

Edit: How long of a smoke, and what temps?
I always use some rosemary on mine.
It was on the smoker for 3 hours, right around 275°F. At an ~1:10 in, I did baste it with a butter/garlic cloves/onion reduction I had going on low on the grill. It rested for 45 minutes.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Some good 'ole fashioned Yorkshire puddings with lots of gravy. And some mashed taters. And some sort of greens.

Meat, taters, veggies and yorkies.

That rib roast looks awesome. I am very particular about how the primes are done on either the smoker or rotisserie.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
For sides we had homemade potato salad, corn bread and a dandelion salad w/ raspberries, blueberries and some other white flesh fruit or veggie (kind of like a radish but sweeter).

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I started thawing a piece after I saw this post. Gonna season it up today and cook it tomorrow.
Not sure if I'm going to smoke it or use the rotis.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Yeah now I’m in the hunt. My smoker is now free from five feet of snow and my chipmunk woke up from its winter slumber. Time to get smoke rolling again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I should take pictures of my meat. Smoked a deer 'brisket' and some pork ribs last weekend that turned out great. Good enough to inspire me to whip up a batch of my BBQ sauce.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Looks good to me. You cut 3/4" thick slices on that prime rib?

Where's the horseradish? jjj
2x3/4=1.5....I didn't eat all of it. Leftovers made good sammies.
The horseradish is there, just out of the pic. I use the Inglehoffer in a pinch, but my preferred brand is the Beaver Brand Extra Hot.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Leftovers making amazing sammies

Sent from my PalmPilot

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I had a t-bone at the tent today, sous vide, hit it on the grill. I missed something and have to go back to the drawing board. Super convenient though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro