• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Refrigerators...

Any brand better then another in JUOT's members opinion?

Would prefer to stay in $1300 - $1600 range.

Must be side by side, due to location.

:beerchug:

^^LOVE it

but sadly there isn't enough room to open those drawers due to the kitchen island.

So has to be side by side.

You like Maytag?

Have only been to HD and Spencers.

Figure Sears and maybe BB will be next to check out.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I would probably get something from either Lowe's or Homey Depot.

We have had GE, Maytag, Samsung and currently have a KitchenAid which we like a lot.
Had one issue with the GE that cost me 250.00 to get repaired, which kind of pissed me off because the fridge was only 3 years old. You would think that when you drop 2500.00 on a fridge it would last a bit longer than that before breaking.

I would probably get something from either Lowe's or Homey Depot.

We have had GE, Maytag, Samsung and currently have a KitchenAid which we like a lot.
Had one issue with the GE that cost me 250.00 to get repaired, which kind of pissed me off because the fridge was only 3 years old. You would think that when you drop 2500.00 on a fridge it would last a bit longer than that before breaking.

I found one online at HD that was a Samsung that I liked a lot.

So, ice maker in the door or inside the freezer?

We liked this GE at Spensers but didn't love it.

and can't decide between black or SS either :facepalm:

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
The current one we have is nothing on the outside....at all.
The water and ice are both inside, which some folks might not like, but gives a nice clean finish to the outside. And it's stainless steel.

Stainless steel is a bit more work to keep clean.

The current one we have is nothing on the outside....at all.
The water and ice are both inside, which some folks might not like, but gives a nice clean finish to the outside. And it's stainless steel.

Stainless steel is a bit more work to keep clean.

our old fridge was black, but w/the paint we aren't sure which we want.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
My wife hates our SXS and wants a French door refer with bottom drawer freezer so she can fit full trays of whatever the hell she makes in the fridge.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I don't like the lack of ice or water dispensing on the French door refers.

We'd go with black and I'd go with Whirlpool Corporation or GE and any of their companies they own. Frigidaire too.

I don't like the lack of ice or water dispensing on the French door refers.

We'd go with black and I'd go with Whirlpool Corporation or GE and any of their companies they own. Frigidaire too.

we found one GE and one Whirlpool yesterday we liked, our old one was a Frigidaire....didn't love the ones we saw yesterday.

But will be hitting HD and Sears....at least....to get a good idea of what is out there.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
But will be hitting HD and Sears....at least....to get a good idea of what is out there.
Nothing but bad experiences with Sears. Pretty sure they dropped my last fridge. Housing was tweaked...not square, and went a whole 2 years. :owned: When I go there I sense employee bad attitudes. Done with Sears except for an occasional hand tool.

Nothing but bad experiences with Sears. Pretty sure they dropped my last fridge. Housing was tweaked...not square, and went a whole 2 years. :owned: When I go there I sense employee bad attitudes. Done with Sears except for an occasional hand tool.
Ya know, K and I can't ever find anything we want there. (in my wrenching days I would :D )

But figure we'll hit the mall and there are a few places by there.

I need to ask my contractor when we can have it installed, same w/needing our house alarm techs to do some work before we get in too before we're back in.

Just more shit I'm trying to remember.

Coordinating and tracking material ain't what it's cracked up to be.
Won't disagree w/that.

There is a lot of shit going in in our lives these days.
Today I'm taking the TJ in while K works from the Marriot and at 3p she's donating blood. (I avoid that shit)

Think we will wait till tomorrow to go by the house. Their just finishing up the paint.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
Won't disagree w/that.

There is a lot of shit going in in our lives these days.
Today I'm taking the TJ in while K works from the Marriot and at 3p she's donating blood. (I avoid that shit)

Think we will wait till tomorrow to go by the house. Their just finishing up the paint.
Sweet. Nothing like having a nest you enjoy.

I don't give blood either. Makes me weak for days. Last time I did I blacked out. I was in the military and in the chow line. I passed out and hit my food tray. As I was falling I saw food flying through the air. :rotflmao:

Some days I will ride the bus and read a book. When I get home I feel relaxed and life seems simpler and good. Then I ponder why I strive to keep two old ZJs and two old trucks in running order.
/threadjack