• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Tri Tip yesterday

D-Dog

A slob, fed by Jeffery
VIP
Smoke for 1hr at 200deg then reverse sear till 130deg int, rest under foil for 15 minutes pure awesomeness.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
Tri tip has become my favorite beef to smoke. I usually buy two of them, and do one of the must as described, and I'll do the other brisket style and let it on the smoker until it its 190 or so. Both are equally delicious.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I like picking up the ~1lb packs of tri tip at the store to use for stir fry, pretty tender cuts for it.

Sent from my PalmPilot

Neil

Better than Matt
VIP
In Kali Tri Tip has been a staple for years, I like it better than brisket (blasphemy I know)
My inlaws from Chicago didn;t even know what Tri tip was back when I met them back in the early 90's. It was originally a west coast thing.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
One of our CFO's used to bring some in on Mondays after his weekend.
It was awesome. I used to treat our IT crew to BBQ for lunch on Monday/Tuesday after a long weekend smoke.
I have an SRF Picanha in the freezer that's probably going up next.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Bunch of doy doy doy shit in some sort of alien writing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Med-rare with a nice crust. Used to do them on the grill, higher heat, indirect. I've started doing them on the smoker though and really like the result. One of the local BBQ guys here started playing with cooking them like a brisket up to 200 degrees internal and has been having decent results. I'm not brave enough to try that yet.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
Smoked is the bomb!!

Med-rare with a nice crust. Used to do them on the grill, higher heat, indirect. I've started doing them on the smoker though and really like the result. One of the local BBQ guys here started playing with cooking them like a brisket up to 200 degrees internal and has been having decent results. I'm not brave enough to try that yet.