• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

U.S. Open

MJM

Sweet, terrible freedom
that's too bad for Rocco, would've been a great story, if he pulled it off.
great golf though. I don't mind seeing Tiger win.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Tigger better be good seeing as golf is all he knows, since age2 IIRC.
Is there anything you've loved for as long as you can remember? For me it's motorcycles. I've loved and ridden them as far back as I can recall. I didn't make $127,000,000 last year screwing around with them. Hell, I didn't make $127 last year screwing around with them. There is a certain level of natural talent there that can't be denied - he does things that can't be taught or learned. If you start your kid doing any given thing at age 2 and they love it and live it up until they're 32, odds are very good they won't be anywhere near as good at that as Tiger is at golf. You can't downplay Tiger's skill like that. Hell, Rocco has been playing golf longer than Tiger, why hasn't he won 14 majors?

Wool E. Bull

Thank you.
Is there anything you've loved for as long as you can remember? For me it's motorcycles. I've loved and ridden them as far back as I can recall. I didn't make $127,000,000 last year screwing around with them. Hell, I didn't make $127 last year screwing around with them. There is a certain level of natural talent there that can't be denied - he does things that can't be taught or learned. If you start your kid doing any given thing at age 2 and they love it and live it up until they're 32, odds are very good they won't be anywhere near as good at that as Tiger is at golf. You can't downplay Tiger's skill like that. Hell, Rocco has been playing golf longer than Tiger, why hasn't he won 14 majors?
Natural ability, tactical master, dedication/practice, competitive fire to not lose...those are the combos of any champion. Jordan...Armstrong...Woods...etc. They're all the same just different sports.

Stu Pidasso

Refugee
Woods indeed has natural abilities and talents that make people envious. I applaud him for his accomplishments and his Father's recognition of his born enthusiasm for the game both mentally and physically.

What I do not appreciate is the media's biases toward his achievements or lack there of in certain circumstances.

twylie

VIP
Woods indeed has natural abilities and talents that make people envious. I applaud him for his accomplishments and his Father's recognition of his born enthusiasm for the game both mentally and physically.

What I do not appreciate is the media's biases toward his achievements or lack there of in certain circumstances.
mediaworld of today thinks the only way to make something interesting is to tout the record being broken this second. Sadly, the outcome of this one will overshadow the great golf and amazing competition over the last few days.

:beerchug: to Rocco

BlackDak

Banned
VIP

He is a great golfer to be sure but listening to Bob Costass you would think he is the only great to ever play golf. I want to punch Bob in his vagina.

Oh well, another year watching the Olympics muted.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
mediaworld of today thinks the only way to make something interesting is to tout the record being broken this second. Sadly, the outcome of this one will overshadow the great golf and amazing competition over the last few days.

:beerchug: to Rocco
The thing that upsets me most about Rocco has nothing to do with him, it's my own stupidity - I've been a fan of his since the early '90s when I started paying attention to golf. I met him twice and was just blown away by how normal of a guy he was. He's just a guy that loves to play, and is happy as hell to make a living playing instead of working like most of us do. Up until probably last Wednesday you could take a lesson from him down in Naples for the same price as any other club pro, and I really wanted to do that. I had even told my wife I wanted to do that, and probably would have this summer. She saw his name when I was watching Sunday and said "isn't that the guy you wanted to go play with in Florida?" :/self:

Now that lesson will probably be somewhere between $1k and $1bazillion, instead of the $65/hr it would have been had I taken it back when I first entertained the idea.

Wait a minute - do you play? I might be a little pissed if you say yes and we haven't met up for a round yet. Unless you're good - I have no business playing with people that know what they're doing.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
He is a great golfer to be sure but listening to Bob Costass you would think he is the only great to ever play golf. I want to punch Bob in his vagina.

Oh well, another year watching the Olympics muted.
I think almost all of the announcers should just STFU. I like Feherty because he's funny, and I like Faldo because he's actually a good player (actually I don't like Faldo, I just respect his words because he's a good player.) Most of them are just irritating because they're crawling up the ass of whoever is in the lead, and they're saying stuff like "I'd think he would have aimed a little more left, due to the blah blah blah" like they would have had a clue about anything if they hadn't seen the shot before making the comment.

I would much rather the telecast just contain the chatter between player and caddy - watching the round today online was so much better than watching it on TV because I actually got to hear that stuff instead of some moron at a desk that has won 3 events in his life offer up his opinion on people leading a U.S. Open that he wouldn't have a chance in hell of qualifying for.

ericdag

JUOT approved avatar/sig
VIP
it has to be the most boring sport to watch on television. everyone speaks like they are on tranquilizers.

Stu Pidasso

Refugee
it has to be the most boring sport to watch on television. everyone speaks like they are on tranquilizers.
Yet the most powerful, wealthiest and most influential people in this world watch it, play it and enjoy it.

BTW, what did you do today?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I think it's cool that the commercials are for investment groups, insurance companies, etc - stark contrast to the commercials for beer and pickups during a football game.

It's just like any other sport - if you have an interest in it watching it on TV is awesome. If you don't, you'd rather pull your hair out than watch. I think basketball is the most ridiculous thing in the world to watch on TV.

ericdag

JUOT approved avatar/sig
VIP
Yet the most powerful, wealthiest and most influential people in this world watch it, play it and enjoy it.

BTW, what did you do today?

followed up with searches for folks i met on sunday at open houses.
did 2 market analysis for prospective listing clients.
made 5 calls to past clients.
had lunch with a friend.
took new pictures at one of my listings.
set up my open houses.
called in my RE magazine advertising for next month.
posted on juot. :banana:

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
If I did anything, every fawking day since age 2 I better be the best at it or :/self:

Stu Pidasso

Refugee
followed up with searches for folks i met on sunday at open houses.
did 2 market analysis for prospective listing clients.
made 5 calls to past clients.
had lunch with a friend.
took new pictures at one of my listings.
set up my open houses.
called in my RE magazine advertising for next month.
posted on juot. :banana:
Ahhhh, you worked.

I didn't have to, I watched the playoff. It was good. Then I took my son and daughter to the driving range after making a few phone calls to others to discuss the intense competition.