• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Wange - 8014 - Big Ben - Review

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Available on Amazon, eBay.
Price: ~$48
WANGE #: 8014
Pieces: 1642
Rating: :4.5stars:

Build Video:

This is my second Wange set- the first being the Eiffel Tower set of comparable size (over 2 feet tall when complete) but just over half the total number of pieces. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of both sets. Neither had missing pieces and the bricks themselves were as good as any Lego clones I've used. Very close- but not exactly- Lego quality. Where this set really shines is in value. Over 1600 pieces, over 24 inches tall when complete, and less than $50 on Amazon. You can't go wrong.

Looks great on a shelf alone, or with other land marks, or even would look great in your Lego city - its height would set it apart from the rest of your shops and buildings giving it true landmark status.

The only reason this set does not get 5 stars (the Eiffel Tower did get 5 stars in my Amazon review) is for the simple fact this particular build is a lot of repetitive steps. The same basic piece is built about 24 times, each consisting of a number of small bricks... the building is slow and tedious at times. The relatively short build video does not do it justice.

For those interested the tower is completely hollow. Once complete it is sturdy enough, you can move it around without much issue. If it was my design I likely would have put some plates across for extra strength in a few places.

Despite there being a mini-figure on the box art, none is included with the set. Just as well, there is no really place to have a minifigure- there are no doors- it is just for looks. I didn't even think about it until my sister asked when no little people were included.

Attachments