• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What book are you reading?

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
Swimming to Antartica - Lynne Cox

Simple memoir but I am astounded that this long-distance swimmer could survive swims in sub-40-degree water wearing a swimsuit. She crossed Glacier Bay Alaska in 38-deg water smashing through pan ice and dodging icebergs. WTF, how is that humanly possible?

Cornholio01

Simple memoir but I am astounded that this long-distance swimmer could survive swims in sub-40-degree water wearing a swimsuit. She crossed Glacier Bay Alaska in 38-deg water smashing through pan ice and dodging icebergs. WTF, how is that humanly possible?
THATS ONE COLD BITCH

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

She'll be on this show soon...

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
On a naval kick, just finished Wolf of the Deep. Interesting fact, Canada can in part thank Alabama for it's independence.

Currently reading Front Burner about the attack on the USS Cole.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
How to win friends and influence people. This should be read by everyone, mandatory. It's just about not being a dick.

Last edited:

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
On the third book of the going home series. The fourth book is supposed to be released in May or June. Lately I read equipping modern patriots and space cadet. Also listened to revolt in 2100, dead living and zombie fallout. Next up is the postman, dies the fire, shatter, the hunt for red October, the cardinal of the kremlin, patriot games and alas Babylon.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Summer is coming to a end in Alaska. Time to fill the kindle with books for the winter.

What's a good series to start?

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP

Bentley does a really good job of breaking it down into the small things that separate a decent driver into a really quick one.

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
Sorry, no Kindle ideas here. I do used books.

Just finished:
Monster of God - Quammen
Combination research and travel log regarding the animals that kill and eat humans. Mostly large cats and crocodiles. Has some interesting stuff but parts you have to skip through too.

Just started:
Running the Voodoo Down - The Electric Music of Miles Davis - Freeman

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I started Dune the other day. Haven't seen the movie so I figured I would give into the hype and give it a shot. Plus the mom n pop bookstore will give you store credit for used books. They have a few from the Dune series including some that his son wrote.

:whoknows:

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Moon Shot. It is cool reading about all of these guys that my dad knew and worked with.

I've had it for a bunch of years and just found it in my closet. Haven't read a book in a while because I've been so friggin busy. It is good to take some down time each day and read a little. I plan to take it on our vacation next month and finish it while basking in the sun in St Croix.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
On the seventh volume in the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series by Steven Erikson. Guy at work got me started on it then loaned me the entire series. Good read so far.

How did this turn out? Did you enjoy them?

It was recommended to me since I liked the A Song of Ice and Fire series