• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What was up with the Battle Star Galactica 'mid season' finale?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
They find Earth?!!?!?!?!?

WTF was up with ending the show the way they did... Wow that's just about the worst ending I could think of... unless it really isn't Earth. They never showed a good picture of the continents so I am suspicious.

Also, for a long while, I suspect(ed) that the Viper is the 5th and final cylon model.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Sci Fi channel has gone down hill fast...
1. Kill off Stargate
2. Make Eureka
3. Toss years between half seasons of BSG, which itself has fallen quickly from its first season quality.

jpnjim

Product of modernmedicine
1)Stargate was waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy played out.

Great show for 5/6 years, but you can only rehash so many old scripts, it was really getting pathetic.

2) no opinion

3) BSG was great for the first couple seasons, now it seems like they're looking for a direction & making it up as they go.

And if that is Earth,
how is Irradiated Earth > Irradiated Caprica?
Go back & live on Caprica, Cylons were still living there last time they went back, so it can't be that bad.

Or, since they get along with the Cylons, go find some other random planet to live happily ever after.

That crappy planet they lived on for a while was only chosen because it was hidden.
Find a less crappy, non-hidden one, and end the series.

Didn't the Cylons have a home planet for the last 30-40 years (they had to live somewhere, before they built all the ships), go there.

Seems to me Cylons & BSG fleet = friends = show over.

Who cares who the final Cylon is (it's teh Battlestar Galactica Ship itself!!!111one).

Season 1 and 2 were good. Season 3 sucked dick (with the exception of a couple episodes) and season 4 is shaping up to be on par with season 3. They should have ended it with an abbreviated third season.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Caprica just had its nuclear war... too much radiation... Plus those cylons are still trying to kill Humans- only that one rebel ship is seemingly on their side.

Earth, if that's it, looks like it had it's nuclear war decades, maybe centuries ago... the radiation has no doubt subsided...

Another question- if your the cylons and your entire races survival depends on a resurrection hub, don't you think you might build a backup somewhere? You know, just in case...

Caprica just had its nuclear war... too much radiation... Plus those cylons are still trying to kill Humans- only that one rebel ship is seemingly on their side.

Earth, if that's it, looks like it had it's nuclear war decades, maybe centuries ago... the radiation has no doubt subsided...

Another question- if your the cylons and your entire races survival depends on a resurrection hub, don't you think you might build a backup somewhere? You know, just in case...
That'll be dealt with in a couple episodes, I'm sure. :rolleyes: Those responsible for writing the last two years worth of episodes should just shoot themselves in the face.

Plus there's still the "Kara Thrace is the harbinger of death. She'll lead humanity to their end" statement. Just watch...they'll leave off this season on some bullshit...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Maybe Adama is a cylong too. :shush:

Or the first model cylons 'skin jobs' were made as babies or even fetuses surgically implanted into unsuspecting women.

jpnjim

Deep cover. :pirate:

:disagree:

It's like they lost the scripts to the last 2 seasons, and just made it up in the morning before shooting.

Lotsa holes in the plot, FTL.

jpnjim

Maybe Adama is a cylong too. :shush:

Or the first model cylons 'skin jobs' were made as babies or even fetuses surgically implanted into unsuspecting women.

40 years before the show started, when the Cylons were still at war, they were toasters.

If Ty's been on Caprica for 30+ years, they went from toaster to skin job in less than 10 years?

Seems like a big hole in the plot, and anything to explain it is just trying to cover up the mistake.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
40 years before the show started, when the Cylons were still at war, they were toasters.

If Ty's been on Caprica for 30+ years, they went from toaster to skin job in less than 10 years?

Seems like a big hole in the plot, and anything to explain it is just trying to cover up the mistake.

OK, there's no reason he couldn't have been captured and replaced by an aging cylon with the ability to have his memories transferred at any point in the last few months or years. It's not a plot 'hole' it's just unexpected.

jpnjim

OK, there's no reason he couldn't have been captured and replaced by an aging cylon with the ability to have his memories transferred at any point in the last few months or years. It's not a plot 'hole' it's just unexpected.
I'd believe that, if I could believe the ending to the show was already written (including the final 5 stuff), right from the begining.
The more I watch, the more it seems like the end was written much later, and no one cares if it matches the original content & feel of the show.

Since we're on the subject BOP, what do you think of this article. :jump:

http://io9.com/5016403/how-battlestar-copied-and-improved-on-star-trek-deep-space-nine

Tonight's the last episode of Battlestar Galactica until the "first quarter of 2009" (which could mean March!), but don't go into withdrawal symptoms yet. There's an obscure 1990s show called Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which is currently in heavy rotation on Spike. It shares a lot of the same ideas and themes as BSG — which isn't surprising, since BSG re-creator Ronald D. Moore and two other BSG writers worked on DS9. A roundup of the DS9/BSG similarities — and how BSG is better — after the jump. With old spoilers.
:pirate:

I love how the different factions of Trekieism go for each other's throats, there's even some Baylon 5 & Earth Final Conflict references in it for good measure. :laugh:

:catfight:

If you watched Razor (the movie/season 3-4 filler), it makes even less sense. During the first Cylon war, they were just beginning to experiment with hybrids. This was when Adama/Ty already knew each other. The writers made a major screw up (IMO) by choosing someone that was too old to possibly be a Cylon (according to the plot they'd already established). The first episode I saw when Ty came out as a Cylon, I was just like..."WTF sense does that make?"

A major hole in the plot that just goes to show that they were writing/producing the show on the fly after season 2 with little thought to the big picture. :2cents:

I'd believe that, if I could believe the ending to the show was already written (including the final 5 stuff), right from the begining.
The more I watch, the more it seems like the end was written much later, and no one cares if it matches the original content & feel of the show.
I think that's exactly what's going on. It's disappointing considering how well the first two seasons flowed, IMO.