• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Windows 2008

Frank Grimes

MarkR is obsessed with me
Ultra-Premium
Blows goats. Fawking HP won't have the Core install as part of the Rapid Deployment Pack until Q1 2009. Fawkers.

HDC

Fiercely mediocre
Bob, please continue to post these rants of IT frustration periodically. I need the reminders to keep me from getting pulled back into that noise.

:agree:

Frank Grimes

Ultra-Premium
Bob, please continue to post these rants of IT frustration periodically. I need the reminders to keep me from getting pulled back into that noise.

:agree:
I prefer to post Mac exploits but there has been surprsingly little of those recently.

I have my first three 2008 installs under my belt so far. I blew the first one up when I enabled Hyper-V. The second one I figured out what was causing it. The third one was today on a brand new blade with two quadcores and 16GB of RAM. I am sure I will fawk it up tomorrow. :hoos:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
From my own limited experience with W2K8, I can't say I'm surprised. I don't recall what I found for a reason, but I was completely unable to make it install on an x235 box as a fresh install. I first had to install an earlier server version and then upgrade. Puzzling.

Frank Grimes

Ultra-Premium
From my own limited experience with W2K8, I can't say I'm surprised. I don't recall what I found for a reason, but I was completely unable to make it install on an x235 box as a fresh install. I first had to install an earlier server version and then upgrade. Puzzling.
Sounds like a driver issue.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Sounds like a driver issue.
I really don't remember exactly what it was... IIRC, it would hang part way through. Could have been a driver issue but I really don't know or care. It was a test install anyway, that server only runs when I want to fawk around with something.

walt

I RAAR about Windows all day at work. God it's such a crappy OS. Oh well, it reminds me why I haven't used it at home for over 5 years.