• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

XJ love.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Mine is comfortable, esp with the ZJ seats. It needs either u-joints, front diff, bearings, something. It sounds like shit on full lock turns and worse when in 4FT. And it gets horrific mileage. And the AC doesn't work. And it looks like shit. And the headlights turn off randomly at night.

Until it started falling apart, I preferred to drive that 10:1 over my wife's Element. I hate driving that thing.
Mine's not too bad. The original driver's seat back was broken, but I found a set of never used power/heated leather seats and swapped those in and it's much better. Seems like the manual seat went just a bit farther back than the power ones do, but it's not too bad of a difference. I need to find the harness and switches for the heaters, should hit the Pull-A-Part one day. I was able to make a harness for the power function.

Replaced the axle u-joints over the summer and the hubs a couple weeks ago and that took care of a lot of the front end noise. Only electrical issues are in the HVAC and that's been addressed too.

I'll split DD between it and the TJ but if I need to go a couple hours out of town I'll take the XJ.

synonymous

Better than you.
VIP
it looks cartoonish. that amount of lift for those small tires is :rotflmao:
Insanely small wheel wells. My fawking front tires rub if I hit a big enough incline at lock. Of course I have a .75" spacer on top of my coil springs for those itty bitty 31s.