• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

XJunk

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
Going to look at an 87 with the 'off-highway vehicle' package. :jump:

Pretty cool package w/4.11s, skids, hooks, and small lift. The concern is it has the Peugeot 5 speed stick. Anyone know about that trans? Stay clear? :beerchug:

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
I had one in an 87 Wrangler that jammed the shifter in a gear or between gears, don't remember. Replaced it with an AX15, which still works good.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
why buy a late 80s clunker when a late 90s clunker is just as cheap? :puzzled: Mint condition late XJs are 4-5k

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Renix EFI brings the suck, as does that stupid cooling system. The Renix can be fine as long as you maintain that mess of vacuum lines. Update to later cooling system and lose the plastic pressure bottle ASAP.

And that Pugeot trans is a grenade with the pin already pulled.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
ok, I find her pretty to look at
but he said the AC is removed too
I would need to convert the AC to r134a with new parts
AX15/NP231 swap
update the cooling system
Probably do the Renix C101 elim

I'll move on :beerchug:

John

Transplant
VIP
So 300k+ miles, shitty cooling system, shitty engine management, and a time bomb transmission. Sounds like a winner.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
So 300k+ miles, shitty cooling system, shitty engine management, and a time bomb transmission. Sounds like a winner.
The Renix EFI can be ok or so I read. And I'm the kind of guy that could probably deal with it.
Didn't know about the crappy cooling.