• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Madam Secretary

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Apparently this Sunday (May 1st) some footage that was shot at the Yacht Club I grew up at in Brooklyn will be on the show. My dad was Commodore for a couple years and spent virtually all his free time here until he got too sick to drive in. I'm still technically a member.

The place got wiped out during Sandy, almost everything has been redone. I was watching the security cameras until the power went out, water had already come into the building.

:jump:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
So hard to tell... Either they didn't use any video of the Yacht Club itself and used a park next door for the video of Murphy Station being pulled from Afghanistan, or, with a lot of fancy lighting and fancy editing they they turned their bar into the bar scene at the very end of the episode. I find this hard to believe but not impossible. Either way a bit disappointed it wasn't recognizable as a New York boat club.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
OK, so I missed one scene I should have recognized, and one (behind the lockers) no one would recognize. I was right about the park.

From the club:
There were three scenes at or near the club. There was a quick scene where Madame Secretary is in a meeting and there is a video conference call on the wall monitor. On the monitor you can see the club building in the background. [This is where they find the container is empty and the nukes are missing.] When the team opened the container and saw it was empty that was in our lot. The film crew rented a container. On our building they hung a Pakistani flag. When The team escaped from their car after the drone attack they went through a fence. That was on the side of our lockers. They were walking up the pacplex rear driveway. Finally the extraction by helicopter was filmed in the new park. Outside the gate.