• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Madam Secretary

Ardvark

Starting a binge watching afternoon of it.

Tea Leoni still super hot

Last edited:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
YEah I didn't start watching it until about a year ago. Better than I expected.

And I'd :idb: Tea

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
I dismissed it as an overt justification behind every mistake ever made by Hillary Clinton and never watched it.

The difference being, of course, I would hit Tea Leoni, but would only hit Hillary with a hammer.

It honestly made me think of HBO's Newsroom where they took the actual edited 911 call from George Zimmerman and tried to justify MSNBC's actions through fiction.

The West Wing taught me to be very wary of such shows, and maybe I didn't give it a chance. But I only have so much time for TV, anyway, I might as well be selective.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
IT'S A FICTIONAL TV SHOW, NOT A DOCUMENTARY
I'm sure it is, but are the writers aware of this?

Seriously - I admit to judging it without having seen it, but if you don't believe that TV writers will rip the headlines into their plots and inject their own apologist agenda, you're naive.

If I misjudged it, so be it. But if it really is trying to gloss over Clinton's tenure at State, I would rather watch something more realistic, such as Gotham. :paper:

Ardvark

So far I have not picked up on any overwhelming signs that this is I love hillary show.

I'm only 6 episodes in but while there are situations that you could connect it back, tough to do a Whitehouse show without those things happening

Last edited:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I dismissed it as an overt justification behind every mistake ever made by Hillary Clinton and never watched it.

The difference being, of course, I would hit Tea Leoni, but would only hit Hillary with a hammer.

It honestly made me think of HBO's Newsroom where they took the actual edited 911 call from George Zimmerman and tried to justify MSNBC's actions through fiction.

The West Wing taught me to be very wary of such shows, and maybe I didn't give it a chance. But I only have so much time for TV, anyway, I might as well be selective.
What difference does it make?

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm sure it is, but are the writers aware of this?

Seriously - I admit to judging it without having seen it, but if you don't believe that TV writers will rip the headlines into their plots and inject their own apologist agenda, you're naive.

If I misjudged it, so be it. But if it really is trying to gloss over Clinton's tenure at State, I would rather watch something more realistic, such as Gotham. :paper:
Newsroom wasn't leftist, btw

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'll agree that Newsroom was very anti-Tea Party, but hell so am I.

Tea Party /= Republicans that I relate to.

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
Steve, Aaron Sorkin has said as much as he's using it as an agenda to defend the media against bias accusations. He's a known hard-leftist Hollywood turd looking for more suckers.

Ardvark

This morning i watched the episode where she is in India and the tank explodes....
She looked so hot the entire episode

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Apparently this Sunday (May 1st) some footage that was shot at the Yacht Club I grew up at in Brooklyn will be on the show. My dad was Commodore for a couple years and spent virtually all his free time here until he got too sick to drive in. I'm still technically a member.

The place got wiped out during Sandy, almost everything has been redone. I was watching the security cameras until the power went out, water had already come into the building.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
I do not get my politics from TV shows, I am either entertained, or not. I like watching Tea.