• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Minecraft

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I was told I would like this game.

I played the demo on their website and feel like an idiot. I ran around for 5 minutes and can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. I tried swimming to another island and drowned.

The next life I got attacked by a zombie and died.

WTF? I thought I was supposed to be able to build shit.

Has anyone played the demo? What are you supposed to do?

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
Many tech hours were/are wasted on this every day. Makes me not happy when those bastids should have already gotten shit done and I am left waiting.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I "attacked" a tree like 10 times and nothing happened, I assume you couldn't do anything to trees. The only thing that ever reacted to me clicking the mouse was grass and pigs.

My youngest plays this. From what I can tell, EVERYTHING can be mined/chopped/harvested to make other stuff with it.

Ardvark

my boys live and die by that game

even the 5 year old plays it

they run around calling each other creepers

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
My friend's teenaged daughter plays it on the iPhone.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
WTF? Seriously... I am whacking away at a tree like 50 times and nothing is happening... WTF am I missing?

WTF? Seriously... I am whacking away at a tree like 50 times and nothing is happening... WTF am I missing?
You're doing it wrong. Don't ask me what you're supposed to do, but I've seen my kid play and he just goes along chopping up trees, mining holes in the ground, etc.

I'm sure there must be some kind of online guide or howto or something.