• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

3 flippin hours!

ABQ-TJ [JU]

Archived
took me about 90 minutes to change the damn fuel filter in my Chebby Diesel a couple of days ago. :banghead:

And my shoulder is sore now, too...stupid GM's

Qckslvr [JU]

Archived
the left bank is 30 minutes book time, the right bank is 2.5! I can't even see the wires or plugs on the right side. They said something about remove right wheel and strut!!

Qckslvr [JU]

Archived
The one's Ford put in the new Rustang's are two peice and break apart when you try and take them out.
are you talking about the new plug in the triton? It doesn't purposly break, it gets carboned up and gets stuck. You should see the special tool required to pull them.

are you talking about the new plug in the triton? It doesn't purposly break, it gets carboned up and gets stuck. You should see the special tool required to pull them.
My friend just had that problem on his 04 F-150. I wasn't even aware that was a problem with those motors, although I have heard of people with Lightnings blowing plugs out of the head.

Qckslvr [JU]

Archived
My friend just had that problem on his 04 F-150. I wasn't even aware that was a problem with those motors, although I have heard of people with Lightnings blowing plugs out of the head.
the popping a plug issue is a completely different plug and issue. That was a conventional spark plug, that either A) was over tightened, or B) left loose. This resulted in popping the plug, and a special insert being needed.

The new 08 Triton engines have an effed up plug. It looks like a glowplug almost in the respect it has a long metal sleeve then threads. And that sleeve gets carboned up preventing the plug from threading out. SO Ferds official word is, loosen the plug 1/4 turn, pour carb and choke cleaner around it, and let it soak in. Then work the spark plug back and forth untill removed. :D

Fun Times :jump:

the left bank is 30 minutes book time, the right bank is 2.5! I can't even see the wires or plugs on the right side. They said something about remove right wheel and strut!!
It would be really nice to have a second wrist for the plugs on the right side. I found that I could get to them easier from the other side laying across the engine, or standing on the correct side but facing away from the car and working with my left arm. The elbow and wrist were better oriented to make the needed bends. Still need to be skinny as hell to do it easily (easily being used in a relative sense,) which is why I was the one always changing them.

Qckslvr [JU]

Archived
I attacked it this morning. Not nearly as bad as GM made it sound. After removing the EGR tube, and right side coil pack the plugs were not to bad to get to. Granted arms are all bruised up, but got it done in 1 hour 15 minutes. :D

Helped that I checked the f-body forums for hints, and gave me good reason to go buy some new tools. :D

I attacked it this morning. Not nearly as bad as GM made it sound. After removing the EGR tube, and right side coil pack the plugs were not to bad to get to. Granted arms are all bruised up, but got it done in 1 hour 15 minutes. :D

Helped that I checked the f-body forums for hints, and gave me good reason to go buy some new tools. :D
wish I would have noticed this post before so I could have given you this.

http://www.installuniversity.com/in...u_pages/freshman_year/spark_plug_and_wire.htm

That right rear ones sucksed, didn't it. My arms looked like I lost a fight with a wolverine afterwards.