• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Hardware Sales

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I saw "hardware" and was like "yeah I've used Amazon for nuts and bolts before" :rotflmao:
I actually have, because I'm kind of lazy :clapping: Fastenal is, like, 12 minutes away - I can wait 2 days for the UPS man to bring them.

Ralph

VIP
I actually have, because I'm kind of lazy :clapping: Fastenal is, like, 12 minutes away - I can wait 2 days for the UPS man to bring them.
Fastenal's industry prices suck, actually. It's one thing if they're setting up and maintaining a tool crib type deal, but otherwise, I do better at McMaster especially since I have killer negotiated UPS rates.

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
Fastenal's industry prices suck, actually. It's one thing if they're setting up and maintaining a tool crib type deal, but otherwise, I do better at McMaster especially since I have killer negotiated UPS rates.
McMaster-Carr rocks. You can order stuff for your home hobby or workshop for the same price as General Electric orders stuff. Their inventory is amazing, both for having such a wide variety of stuff and for actually having it on hand to ship. Their customer service is outstanding. I should buy stock in that place, I love it so much.

:beerchug:

Ralph

VIP
McMaster-Carr rocks. You can order stuff for your home hobby or workshop for the same price as General Electric orders stuff. Their inventory is amazing, both for having such a wide variety of stuff and for actually having it on hand to ship. Their customer service is outstanding. I should buy stock in that place, I love it so much.

:beerchug:
Yes... but you also have to be very careful what you buy there. Their selection, service, and website usability is awesome. That said, their prices aren't always as awesome. I use them extensively for small hardware and electrical stuff, unless it's in stock at the local ACE. I have a commercial account there and get killer deals on full box/case quantities... and they deliver same day usually at no extra charge.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Yes... but you also have to be very careful what you buy there. Their selection, service, and website usability is awesome. That said, their prices aren't always as awesome. I use them extensively for small hardware and electrical stuff, unless it's in stock at the local ACE. I have a commercial account there and get killer deals on full box/case quantities... and they deliver same day usually at no extra charge.
Both Ace stores in my town packed up. We have a Home Depot, a pretty good local hardware store, and Fastenal. I can get most stuff at one of the first two, but when I need shit like 1/2"x4" grade 8 bolts for the turd buggy I'm stuck getting ass-raped by Fastenal.

Ralph

VIP
Both Ace stores in my town packed up. We have a Home Depot, a pretty good local hardware store, and Fastenal. I can get most stuff at one of the first two, but when I need shit like 1/2"x4" grade 8 bolts for the turd buggy I'm stuck getting ass-raped by Fastenal.
We have an Ace and a True Value as well as Menards and Tractor Supply. The Ace store itself is pretty flat sales wise but they have a great industrial supply division, and that's just booming. Their outside sales guy is known in town for being a good dude, and he's very likable. He's whipped the shit out of the True Value. They stay in business thanks to their gun counter.

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
I bought some flat, square nuts from Amazon two weeks ago for re-mounting my winch to the plate.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
We have an Ace and a True Value as well as Menards and Tractor Supply. The Ace store itself is pretty flat sales wise but they have a great industrial supply division, and that's just booming. Their outside sales guy is known in town for being a good dude, and he's very likable. He's whipped the shit out of the True Value. They stay in business thanks to their gun counter.
I forgot, we do have Tractor Supply, too. They're inventory is shit, though. I think maybe they've had lots of shit stolen and don't do periodic physical inventory, or they have a thief in their midst that is doing some monetary theft by returning items that were never sold. They'll be out of all manner of things every time you go in, and if you ask about it the computer will say they have several. Either the stock room has a lock nobody has a key to, or there's some loss prevention issues that need to be addressed. Regardless of the reason, it's almost useless to stop in there for anything other than dog food and welding rods/wire.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
The two TSC's close to me are pretty good. If those two don't have what I need there are two more a little further out.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Get that shit from Amazon :thup2:
I normally get it online, but a pound of something unusual is nice to grab locally when needed. Rarely needed in my case, but nice to have the option.