• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Prime is a scam now

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Used to pay $79/yr for two days shipping. Now I think I'm paying over $100 for shipping that is getting into the 7-10+ day range. Yesterday I was looking to order something (1/5/23) and all of the "prime" shipping options were like 1/13 or 1/16 delivery. Utterly awful for a premium service that I'm paying for.

Anyone just cancelled and switched to just using Target and Walmart without subscription?

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'm still getting most of our stuff in 1-2 days, but we have distribution places that aren't too far away including one that's only about 10-12 miles away.
Some stuff takes longer, depending on where it's coming from.
We use Walmart every now and then. Don't have a subscription.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I'm still getting most of our stuff in 1-2 days, but we have distribution places that aren't too far away including one that's only about 10-12 miles away.
Some stuff takes longer, depending on where it's coming from.
We use Walmart every now and then. Don't have a subscription.
Same. I have no clue how much Prime costs. I figured $100/year or it was something like a Costoco membership. At least I’d like to think that because holy fuck, a lot of Amazon boxes are broken down in my garage right now.

Edit:
My only gripe is I can’t have an Amazon account because :wifey: and I have the same CC #. Amazon won’t allow multiple accounts to use the same CC #.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Try living in Alaska. Amazon will take 10 days to process the order and ship then depending on the shipping method it can take another 3-10 days to arrive. I've got orders from around Christmas time that still have not shipped.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
My friend who lives 2 hours away doesn't have the same issue. Amazon must have gotten rates that were more expensive for rural service. Probably as much a UPS/USPS/FedEx issue as Amazon.

John

Transplant
VIP
My friend who lives 2 hours away doesn't have the same issue. Amazon must have gotten rates that were more expensive for rural service. Probably as much a UPS/USPS/FedEx issue as Amazon.
Do you take back calling it a scam then?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
They sold it as "free 2 day shipping" then somewhere along the line changed the fine print. It's a classic bait and switch. They'll be sued for it at some point, I'm sure.

John

Transplant
VIP
They sold it as "free 2 day shipping" then somewhere along the line changed the fine print. It's a classic bait and switch. They'll be sued for it at some point, I'm sure.
YOU SHOULD SUE THE PANTS OFF OF THEM. THAT BUTHC WILL BE WILLAZON WHEN YOU'RE DONE.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Dude you live on a mountain in the sticks, 2-day free shipping ain’t happening very much.

You still bitch at Domino’s for stopping their 30 minutes or it’s free guarantee??

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Dude you live on a mountain in the sticks, 2-day free shipping ain’t happening very much.

You still bitch at Domino’s for stopping their 30 minutes or it’s free guarantee??
That's the problem with offering something, delivering it, then backing off of the service while charging more and never staying that you're doing it.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I’m rural and we still get good Amazon service. There are multiple Amazon distros in CO though so maybe that’s why. Amazon deliveries beats USPS. My mail lady is insane.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Same. I have no clue how much Prime costs. I figured $100/year or it was something like a Costoco membership. At least I’d like to think that because holy fuck, a lot of Amazon boxes are broken down in my garage right now.

Edit:
My only gripe is I can’t have an Amazon account because :wifey: and I have the same CC #. Amazon won’t allow multiple accounts to use the same CC #.
That's weird. :wifey: and I both have accounts and use the same CC.